+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed on Addressee for Letter of Employment

artmesh

Nov 30, 2016
Hi guys

Would like to seek your inputs to two queries

My current company will only issue letter of employment to proper organizations with address, "To whom it may concern" does not cut it for them

Can I use the below?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Centralized Intake Office
PO Box 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada

Second question, I managed to find a letter of employment from my previous company. However, it was used for other visa application and was addressed to another organization. Otherwise, it's the same type of letter that would be issued.
Getting a letter from past employers is very difficult, do you think I can just submit this, or does the addressee really matter?

Thanks

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
You don't have to address them to anyone, really. You can just use Sir/Madam.

You can use the old letter with the other address, however in your LOE just say that this was a previous letter that you got at the time but that you are unable to get a new one.

artmesh

Nov 30, 2016
kryt0n said:
You don't have to address them to anyone, really. You can just use Sir/Madam.

You can use the old letter with the other address, however in your LOE just say that this was a previous letter that you got at the time but that you are unable to get a new one.
Hi kryt0n

Thanks for your response. The issue is my current HR would not issue the Letter of Employment if I do not give then an organization and address to put in the letter.

I could only find an official address for the Centralized Intake office in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Just wanted some opinions whether this is good enough or are there other official addresses to write in the Letter of Employment?

artmesh

Nov 30, 2016
artmesh said:
Hi guys

Would like to seek your inputs to two queries

My current company will only issue letter of employment to proper organizations with address, "To whom it may concern" does not cut it for them

Can I use the below?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Centralized Intake Office
PO Box 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada

Second question, I managed to find a letter of employment from my previous company. However, it was used for other visa application and was addressed to another organization. Otherwise, it's the same type of letter that would be issued.
Getting a letter from past employers is very difficult, do you think I can just submit this, or does the addressee really matter?

Thanks
Anybody else can help?

kk1988

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think it does not matter as well.
why not reject you for that reason for sure.
nothing wrong to being more specific.