+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help..Just concerned if my visa will be rejected!!

alan_1289

Oct 2, 2014
Hi all,

I have a very peculiar situation. I saw jn this forum that many students got their visas refused Please advise my likely chance of visa refusal. I jus want to make sure if I have all the requirements. Below is my profile and details

10th - 72% _ English 72 & Maths 94
12th - 80% _ English 86 & Maths 89
Bcom - 62%
ACCA_10 papers passed out of 14
IELTS : Band 8

2009 Bcom pass

2009 to 2011 - Pursuing ACCA
Inbetween had applied to UK through VFS as there was no good institute in India for ACCA but visa got denied due to non submission of orginal bcom certificate as it was delayed. I submitted the provisional certificate as advised by my awsome consultant.

April 2011 - April 2012
Worked as Tax Associate for KPMG, India

April 2012 - April 2013
Work was hectic and was not able to complete ACCA papers. Resigned and focused on passing the remaing papers. Due to personal issues I was only able to clear one paper.

April 2013 - September 2014
Worked as Tax consultant for BDO International, Kuwait

Want to enrol for Lambton university for PG diploma finance

Some of the things I will incorporate in my SOP and some of the key rejection points raised by other students:

A)General

In the organisation that I haved worked, I felt that the need for taking PG Diploma was crucial for my advancement in my career. For a possible promotion, education was a criteria and I feel taking this PG diploma will help in further progressing my career. Many of my collegues are stuck in their designation for 5 years just plainly because they dont have the education to market to clients when proposing new business. I believe this will help me to get to middle level management quicker than with a Bachelors degree especially with international exposure. I feel this would help me to put myself in a better position in the ever competitive consulting industry.

B)Finance:

Iam not sure if we have to show our financial assets and details of property while taking SSP visa. But I can submit them nevertheless to bring more support for my application. Please advise.

a) Loan of 16 Lakh
b) Saving bank balance 1.5 Lakh in my name
c) Agrucultural land of 1.2 Acre in my name - 30 Lakhs
d) Mother (Abroad) Annual salary-18Lakhs per annum
e) Land in parents name - 1 Crore

C)Fees receipt and GIC

I assume there wouldnt be much hassle on these.

D) Travel

Travelled many times to and fro Kuwait and India. I had a work permit in Kuwait. Also traveled to Malaysia for tour. I never over stayed on visit visa to both these countries.

E) why I would come back (of course I want PR)

1. Education loan
2. Land in my name
3. My boss in my earlier company had started 3 new consultng firms in India and he offered me a post when I am done with my course. (But I dont know how I can jncorporate this in the SOP. Should I? I have got a good recommendation letter from my manager)

F) Relevance of my course

Iam just tensed my ACCA would affect my visa application. ACCA is not a degree. It is a professinal qualification so it will not be like doing the same course.

G) Gap

Yes i have one year Gap before my work in Kuwait. I was studying to finish my ACCA but only managed to clear one paper due to personal reasons.

H) Language proficiency

I have good marks in 10th and 12th and an IELTS band of 8.

With the above details, is there a likly chance my visa will be rejected.

I would appreciate ur valuable.comments

robinAcanada

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
yes if every document is genuine ..
u can show bank statement or pay slips or ITR or 16 no. form(for indian )or any proof of salary or all

work experience..

apply for 2 year PG diploma..

good luck

alan_1289

Oct 2, 2014
Hello Robin

Thank you. I have certain queries to ask if you dont mind

a) What do I do about my gap in between jobs. I did self study and did not go to a regular institute. Will this be an issue?

b) My consultant says bank balance statement is not required. Only GIC, the tuition fee paid receipt and the loan details are required. Do we need to still keep the statement details?

Thanks a lot