+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help in Making decision!

pakihero

Star Member
Jun 11, 2008
Hello All,

I am pakistani national having married to canadian PR holder & also i m living in saudi arabia working here since last 3 years now i want to apply in spouse category i just want to ask simple question
1.From which embassy i will process my case i,e CHC ISB or thier embassy in riyadh (better option?)

2. In ISB option shall i have to do my medical from ISB but if they do take more time and ask for more time then it would be little complicated for me.

So please elaborate the answer that which option will suit me and why?

Thanks

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Actually, nationals from Saudi Arabia are processed for spousal PR through Abu Dhabi, not Riyadh. Abu Dhabi is currently finalizing spousal applications in 9-18 months, plus another 45 days or so for the sponsor's part of the application to be assessed before it's transferred overseas. Pakistani nationals are processed through Islamabad - they're currently finalizing spousal aps in 7-14 months.

As a Pakistani national you are eligible to be processed through Islamabad - but you are only eligible to be processed through Abu Dhabi if you were last admitted to Saudi Arabia with authorization to remain there for at least one year.

As far as the medical exam - you can still get it done in Saudi Arabia if you are having your application processed through Islamabad. You just notify the DMP that you're application is going to Islamabad and the DMP will send the results to the Regional Medical Centre that serves that area. The visa office requests the results from the RMC when they're ready to review them.

pakihero

Star Member
Jun 11, 2008
Thanks excellent reply,

wutt abt the procedure i mean i downloaded all the forms of sponsoring the spouse i,e Sponsor,Immigration & region wise.wutt else i shuld include with these forms (proofs) & kindly also tell the process like all candidates mention this AOR recvd (i dont get it ?) , medical done (should i done it myself or when they ask)
PPC (i dont get it?) what is the process cycle for all this
and also tell me if i get the police clearence certificate from both pak & saudia and attach it with my application then if for example suppose if i couldnot get my turn in time then i need to get police clearance cert again or ? because getting police clearance from saudia is hell of ajob.

Thanks for your help

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pakihero said:
Thanks excellent reply,

wutt abt the procedure i mean i downloaded all the forms of sponsoring the spouse i,e Sponsor,Immigration & region wise.wutt else i shuld include with these forms (proofs) & kindly also tell the process like all candidates mention this AOR recvd (i dont get it ?) , medical done (should i done it myself or when they ask)
PPC (i dont get it?) what is the process cycle for all this
and also tell me if i get the police clearence certificate from both pak & saudia and attach it with my application then if for example suppose if i couldnot get my turn in time then i need to get police clearance cert again or ? because getting police clearance from saudia is hell of ajob.

Thanks for your help
Download the Medical form from the site and than take it byyourself to doctor than send the completed forms to your wife in Canada with medical & police certificate [makesure you have signed all the papers]. I belive when you fille out the "Permenant residant application" form there is an option to which embassy you want to have [in your case Abu Dabi]

She will sign aswell on her side and than she need to send the file to local case processing centre [CPC] they will make decision normally take 30-40 days and they will send they decision letter to your wife. A file number will be provided in this letter so you can check your application status online.

CPC will forward your complete application [with medical & police certificate] to the Embassy mentioned by your in your form.
Upon receving the application by embassy they will send you a "letter of aknowledgement" called AOR. You need to keep this letter with you.

Now your file is in procedure and embassy will contact you if they need any further information/document from you by sending a letter to you.

Hope I answer to all your questions.Good Luck