File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Rent a furnishied Airbnb for the first few months of your stay in Canada. You can do this easily from overseas. You do not want to lock into a full year rental (or buy a property) while you are outside of Canada. Wait until you have moved to Canada and had a chance to decide where you want to live in the city where you will be living before you lock into a long term rental (or buy a property). Start with a shorter term stay at an airbnb which will be fully furnished so you don't have to worry immediately about furniture, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Ortega.konate

Ortega.konate

Feb 18, 2022
On the other hand
would you recommend HSBC bank? or plz do you have another recommendation ?
Providing that i am intending to make a transfer transaction before landing and on an advanced stage i will be applying for a mortgage?

thx your experience is much helping

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
FYI, the big banks are Royal, TD, CIBC, Scotia, and BMO. There is nothing wrong with HSBC but you need to look at how many branches and ATMs they have in Saskatoon especially if you need to go into a branch or get money from an ATM. Using another bank's ATM will cost you money. Most likely, the big banks will have ATMs and more than one branch throughout the city. The big banks may have special mortgage programs for new immigrants.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you lived in Canada before? Do you already have a job in Canada? Have you worked for your new employer for a long time. I would not buy a house so quickly. Give yourself a bit of time to see if you are happy in Canada, whether you like the city you live in, whether you like the area of the city you love in and the location makes sense when it comes to commute to your job and your spouse’s job, etc.

• Love

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Other than bank with retail branches, you can also consider open online banks such as Tangerine and Simplii, which also allow the user to use ATM with one of the big banks.

Ortega.konate

Feb 18, 2022
FYI, the big banks are Royal, TD, CIBC, Scotia, and BMO. There is nothing wrong with HSBC but you need to look at how many branches and ATMs they have in Saskatoon especially if you need to go into a branch or get money from an ATM. Using another bank's ATM will cost you money. Most likely, the big banks will have ATMs and more than one branch throughout the city. The big banks may have special mortgage programs for new immigrants.
Would you please advice
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/health-coverage-for-newly-landed-pr-family.760023/
thx

Ortega.konate

Feb 18, 2022
Thank you i am in contact with Royal bank and i am about to open saving account!
one thing i feel bit scared to transfer my money as I am not really familiar with any of the Canadian banks (dont know if is just me or is it normal), however i am contacting Royalcnr at rbc dot com
They request me to fill application form
provide 2 IDs
all notary
and they mentioned that after opening an account i cannot access my account online until i present to a branch and when i make a transfer or need a statement i have to contact through this e-mail again

does all of this sounds OK/ reasonable ?

regards

Ortega.konate

Feb 18, 2022
Rent a furnishied Airbnb for the first few months of your stay in Canada. You can do this easily from overseas. You do not want to lock into a full year rental (or buy a property) while you are outside of Canada. Wait until you have moved to Canada and had a chance to decide where you want to live in the city where you will be living before you lock into a long term rental (or buy a property). Start with a shorter term stay at an airbnb which will be fully furnished so you don't have to worry immediately about furniture, etc.
I cannot really find anything on AIRbnb !
landing 26 April
looking for three months rental
cannot find any is there anywhere else to look plz?

thx

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I cannot really find anything on AIRbnb !
landing 26 April
looking for three months rental
cannot find any is there anywhere else to look plz?

thx
Hard to help with no real details. What is your price point?

There are over 100 places available on Airbnb.

Consider staying for a month at the Airbnb and then finding something more permanent.

If you really can't find anything on Airbnb, then stay in a hotel for a short period of time and search for something more permanent once you are in Canada.

There are place for rent through sites like Kijiji but this is not recommended if renting from outside of Canada since there are too many scams. You need to be able to visit places in person to check them out before renting. Airbnb is a much better option since there are reviews and it's a trusted platform.