+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! coronavirus and our move!

shawn michelle

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
we got approved in january and are in the process of wrapping up our life in mexico. my husband had a flight on april 12 and our daughter and i have a flight on may 7 but noth have ben cancelled because of the coronavirus. if we want to reschedule our existing flights we have to do so to fly before sunday at midnight. my problem is we have our belongings packed up and were going to send it via westjet cargo but thats off the table now too - i need a moving company that can come get our stuff and bring it to us. anyone have recommendations or an actual moving company that can help!!

thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
we got approved in january and are in the process of wrapping up our life in mexico. my husband had a flight on april 12 and our daughter and i have a flight on may 7 but noth have ben cancelled because of the coronavirus. if we want to reschedule our existing flights we have to do so to fly before sunday at midnight. my problem is we have our belongings packed up and were going to send it via westjet cargo but thats off the table now too - i need a moving company that can come get our stuff and bring it to us. anyone have recommendations or an actual moving company that can help!!

thanks in advance!
Why do you have to fly before Sunday at midnight?

shawn michelle

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
because canada wants all canadians abroad back. so westjet cancelled the flight on the 12th and is more than hapy to reschedule to another that leaves prior to midnight on the 22nd or refund us - nothing in between. if we can't get it together to leave before sunday at midnight we have to request a "resucue flight" from the canadian govt or wait out the virus in mexico and potentially not get to canada in time for our daughter to start school or before our travel docuent expires...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
because canada wants all canadians abroad back. so westjet cancelled the flight on the 12th and is more than hapy to reschedule to another that leaves prior to midnight on the 22nd or refund us - nothing in between. if we can't get it together to leave before sunday at midnight we have to request a "resucue flight" from the canadian govt or wait out the virus in mexico and potentially not get to canada in time for our daughter to start school or before our travel docuent expires...
You can't request a "rescue flight". Repatriation flights are only happening in very extreme circumstances.

If you can't fly before 22nd, just take the refund, sort out your shipping and then book a new flight.

Reactions: canuck78

shawn michelle

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
You can't request a "rescue flight". Repatriation flights are only happening in very extreme circumstances.

If you can't fly before 22nd, just take the refund, sort out your shipping and then book a new flight.
you 100% can request a repatriation flight and we have at the direction of westjet in the event we are unable to get any of us booked on a flight before the cutoff. whether or not it happens is another matter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
you 100% can request a repatriation flight and we have at the direction of westjet in the event we are unable to get any of us booked on a flight before the cutoff. whether or not it happens is another matter.
You can request one but whether you will get one is another story. Nothing is guaranteed at the moment.