+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help - Biometrics last call?

lmorelato

Apr 6, 2019
Guys, I started my PR application last year and received the ITA on April, then sent the documents on May, it was inside Canada. Then because of the pandemic and family matters I came back to my home country in Brazil on October. My application right now is pending because of my biometrics.

When I arrived in Brazil, I requested my address change and updated it via webforms request. I tried to book my biometrics here, but the local VAC was closed, after many attempts I successfully booked an appointment to March. Unfortunately, due to new pandemic local restrictions that appointment was cancelled by the VAC, so I was able to reschedule it just for June, 2021. Still waiting... Then last Friday I received a letter from CIC:

"We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

Please complete your biometrics in order to complete your application for Permanent Residence. If you have completed your biometrics, please provide proof of completion.

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.

If we do not receive the information/documents within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete."

As I am still being impacted by the COVID-19, I am worried with my application and I would like to know what could I do under this scenario.

Could I proceed to the scheduled biometrics appointment on June 11th, 2021? If so, do I need to request a biometrics extension letter or I could use the one I have? My current biometrics letter was issued on June 30th, 2020 and got expired on September 29th, 2020.

I intend to move back to Canada with my family as soon as my application is approved.

I prepared a LOE trying to describe my whole situation...

Tks.

Leandro

Last edited: