+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello GPA Scores and University

Rtunes

Nov 6, 2020
Hi Friends

I am looking to take admission in one of the Universities in Canada. However the concern I have is , I have very low GPA score in my Bachelor degree. I do have WOrk experience in relevant field of about 15 years. Can someone let me know IF my GPA score is like 1.2 will I ever be admitted into any Canadian University. If not is there any kind of Bridge program that I can do to increase my GPA score ? (Like do like a PG Diploma or something like that and then based on that get into Masters degree program in Canada ? Please help. Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Friends

I am looking to take admission in one of the Universities in Canada. However the concern I have is , I have very low GPA score in my Bachelor degree. I do have WOrk experience in relevant field of about 15 years. Can someone let me know IF my GPA score is like 1.2 will I ever be admitted into any Canadian University. If not is there any kind of Bridge program that I can do to increase my GPA score ? (Like do like a PG Diploma or something like that and then based on that get into Masters degree program in Canada ? Please help. Thank you.
Very unlikely that you would get admission or be approved for a WP. You should increase your scores in your home country before applying.

Rtunes

Nov 6, 2020
Thanks for your kind reply. What do you mean by WP ??? Work Permit ? How much would be an GPA score ? For Masters or for Work Permit ? Please let me know ..THanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your kind reply. What do you mean by WP ??? Work Permit ? How much would be an GPA score ? For Masters or for Work Permit ? Please let me know ..THanks
Sorry meant a study permit not work permit. Would say you need a 70% average at a very minimum to have a chance at some of the lower tier schools. Would think 75%+ is more realistic to get acceptace somewhere.

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
I think some low tier accept 70% in the last 2years of undergraduate if our overall isn't up to 70%. Also if you can secure a supervisor prior to application, it can boost your chance of admission. not sure about this but experts can shed more lights on it

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think some low tier accept 70% in the last 2years of undergraduate if our overall isn't up to 70%. Also if you can secure a supervisor prior to application, it can boost your chance of admission. not sure about this but experts can shed more lights on it
It really depends on who else is applying that year.