+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing postponed

itzdrmac

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021
I had my hearing today...i joined the meeting and the staff says hearing is postponed due to family issue of the member. is this legit? should i worry?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had my hearing today...i joined the meeting and the staff says hearing is postponed due to family issue of the member. is this legit? should i worry?
Members are normal people they get sick, have family emergencies, etc. and have to take the day off at the last minute. It’s unfortunate timing for you but IRCC usually tries to reschedule the hearing as soon as possible.

itzdrmac

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021
Members are normal people they get sick, have family emergencies, etc. and have to take the day off at the last minute. It’s unfortunate timing for you but IRCC usually tries to reschedule the hearing as soon as possible.
they rescheduled it after 2 Months....i waited for this day for 1 and a half year and now more 2 months....this is such a mental ordeal

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
I know how you feel and completely understandable to feel disappointed. My hearing was postponed twice . I finally had my hearing after almost 3 years of waiting. You could be lucky and get a written decision with no hearing. Stay positive and hope for the best.

itzdrmac

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021
I know how you feel and completely understandable to feel disappointed. My hearing was postponed twice . I finally had my hearing after almost 3 years of waiting. You could be lucky and get a written decision with no hearing. Stay positive and hope for the best.
do such cases happen? written Decision without hearing?

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Oh yes! Plenty of times I personally know two people who had written decisions with no hearings and they were all positive. There are many more of you read the other threads here. I’m not saying that is the case for you but you never know what might happen.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They used to be pretty uncommon but due to the large backlog they have started examining cases with decent evidence from countries where approval rates are close to 100% and considering whether an in person hearing is actually necessary based on the evidence provided. The goal is to try and process more cases faster. It is still a minority of cases but it is a tool being used to try to speed up processing of files because the longer processing times doesn’t benefit anyone. Doesn’t benefit the applicant but also doesn’t benefit IRCC. If the asylum seeker gets approved they may then try harder to establish roots and if they have a spouse and children under 22 they can start the family reunification process and and work hard to create a life for when their family can join them. Protected people usually can attend school at domestic rates so many will wait until they qualify for domestic rates to attend postsecondary education. If people are denied asylum but are able to appeal, file JR and then H&C it is much harder to deny that someone is established in Canada if they have been in Canada for 5-10 years. If the majority of those applying for asylum end up being able to remain in Canada, even if it is through other programs, the asylum system isn’t very effective and the public can lose confidence in the system. Many are already aware that there is a good chance they will be denied asylum because they are really economic migrants but know this system takes so long that there is a good chance they may eventually get approved for H&C and may even be able to apply for H&C multiple times. This opens up the system to abuse which is known in most circles. Another way the public could lose confidence in the asylum system.