+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing Date and Time Line For Refugees Claimants (Updating)

Babaac

Jul 28, 2014
Hello Fellow refugee claimants.

I wish you are staying safe and sound while waiting for your hearing. I am starting this thread to keep us update on the hearing date matter.

Update: 7 april 2020

1- As per the notice published on IRB website (check the bellow link), IRB decided to "Continued suspension of in-person hearings until further notice, except detention reviews and some admissibility hearings involving detained persons."

This means that we just keep waiting and work better on our cases and live our normal life.

https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/news/2020/Pages/special-temporary-measures-covid-19.aspx

We appreciate if you give us update if you have any update on your personal hearing date so we can have an ideas about what is going on.

Also, if we share our time line here we can see how old are some cases so the new ones could expect estimated waiting time, keeping in mind that cases are different depending on the case itself and the province with other factors.

Mine is:

City: Calgary, Alberta
Refugee Claim: 30 Dec 2019
Eligibility Interview: 20 January 2020 (eligible)
Hearing date: ?????

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
City: London, ON
Refugee Claim; Feb 20 2020
Eligibility interview Feb 20 2020
Medical examination : Feb 28 2020
Hearing date: Too early for that lol

Just got an approval email for my open work permit last friday April 10

zak86

Nov 13, 2019

same day you made claim you got the eligbility interview as well? and id's were given?

Babaac

Jul 28, 2014

4emad4, thanks for the comment. You right, it is too early to even think about the hearing especially in this circumstances. I am thinking that during the country lockdown, there would be much less refugee claimants applications as the US boarder is closed and wont be open soon as the prime minister said this week and Canada is locked for non-Canadian and non PR persons. So no way to enter to claim refugee within Canada. I think this would give IRB a wide room of time to reduce the backlog they have.

Babaac

Jul 28, 2014
Is IRB staff working from home or every thing on hold??
Rozana21,

On IRB website the following notice is shown :

IRB front offices are closed
During the pandemic, access to IRB premises is limited to employees providing critical services only. These measures are in place to protect the health and safety of all IRB employees and to follow provincial and municipal efforts to limit nonessential contact and stem the spread of the virus."

This can imply that there some people working from office but they are there to provide critical services only. I think also that anybody who can work from home, he or she would do it.

Reference:

https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/stay-connected/Pages/covid-19-1.aspx

Alikhan115674

Apr 13, 2020

Are you hearing Done?