+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Healthcare Issues

ALAL

May 11, 2015
Hi,

My wife is from Austria and here on an incanada sponsorship. We have submitted the paper work about two weeks ago and will be applying for the Open work permit tomorrow. Thing is we found out today she is PREGNANT and she does not have healthcare. We currently live in the Yukon and I am working and a full citizen. We talked to Yukon healthcare and they are considering giving her HC while we wait for her PR to be processed which could take a long time! But if they turn us down we dont know what to do.. any ideas of what we should do? anyone been through anything similar? We will go midwife regardless but if there are complications then that will be $$$$. She also cant leave to go back to austira near the end because then she will have to wait until she is approved to come back and she will be alone with our baby for a while.. We don't want that.. Any help appreciated.

THANKS
AL

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately it's too late to purchase insurance to cover the costs of the pregnancy. The best thing you can do is go with a midwife (as you have already planned) to keep the costs low. Good luck.

Sasha_24

May 13, 2015
I live in Montreal, QC

And me and my husband are in exactly the same situation.
We decided to go with all expanses without insurance and pay all these expensive doctors, but when your baby will bore, you can ask for paternity leave at work, it's around 75% of your annual salary, it will cover all the expenses.

we are joking that it will be a GOLD baby in all the senses of that word :D

good luck!