+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health card question???

jerry2121

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
Hi, What did you present to be issued a health card?? We were told to wait till we receive something( like a a bank statement or Job offer) in the mail showing where where we live and also present our passport and/or COPR to be issued the Health card.. It has to be 3 items. Is this normal? Just checking.. Did u guys wait for awhile before appying???
Please answer if u've obtained or has gone to obtain a health card.. Thank You!

thezieglers

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You just need a proof of address. It does not have to be job offer or nothing like taht! It can be your cable or phone bill or your lease contract.

You will also need a proof of landing (IMM1000 could be OK) and your passport for identification.

Of course, it may change from Province to Province, so I'd advice you to take a quick look at your Provincial Health website.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Blood ;D ;D ;D

Joking but it felt like that to get my medicare coverage in BC. I had to send a copy of my COPR, a copy of my passport, 2 official letters showing my address, a copy of my sons birth cert ( to prove he was my son???) and all the above for him too.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
I showed them my PR card, my COPR copy of first landing and a bank account statement that was sent to me by Mail. (make sure when you open a bank account and if you already reside somewhere, a rental home, that you choose for paper option so your bank account statement is sent to you by regular Mail and have it with you)

I am still waiting for my Health Card to be issued, it was like 3 weeks ago when I applied for it, don't know how long more I need to wait for it to be sent to me by Mail?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you need a letter with your address on it fast, you can open a bank account and ask them to send you a statement right away. A friend of mine did that. I also heard of people who just got a letter from the bank stating that this is the address they gave for their account and that worked for them.

jackendonald

Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I stop, the only way I knew when I went to the hospital I broke my ankle and told me that there was an alert on my card. I went to doctors and they told me the same thing. In the end I called the OHIP office to ask what was going on, and they told me it was prescribed. When I asked why I was never informed that he had apparently used the address of 20 years ago! Fortunately, the office is here in Ottawa, so I went, filled out paperwork, I got a picture taken and was out the door 15 minutes later the old OHIP adhesive paper, and I got a new post for about 10 days later.