+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has you applied for Express Entry before? - creating profile again

gurubhai

Feb 13, 2015
Hi,

I am creating profile again due to OOPNP, what should I select for following question: yes/no

Has you applied for Express Entry before?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. because they ask for EE file no. if you select yes. right now we have just application number not file number or AOR.

xlnc20

Apr 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If we select Yes, it is asking for EE profile number not file number.

I had selected No before. But after reading some posts here, updated my profile.

When I select Yes it asked me the UCI#. I entered my previous profile #. But it wouldnt accept. The help explains it to be a 8 digit, whereas the EE profile number is a letter followed by 10 digits. So trying for a couple of times, i was about to change it to No. When I noticed Enter your previous EE profile#, just above the " enter the UCI#". So I did and it accepted with UCI# column blank.

Guys Iam not saying Iam right, did it just to be safe. And I dont want to kep changing it. so will go with it.

After this update, I dont see any changes in CRS or anything else as of now. But gotta wait since it is still Sunday nite in Canada while Iam writing this.

Reactions: KabeerWest77

Autumn29

Aug 29, 2016
Hi,

I created a 2nd Express Entry profile as my 1st was ineligible, and in the new profile, I entered the EE profile number of my previous ineligible profile.

Now, I have received an ITA, and the PR online form asks if I have applied for PR before. I have never gotten any other ITA before this, nor have I applied for PR under any other program, so I would presume I should answer "No". However, this field was pre-filled with "Yes" and my previous EE profile number. I'm not sure now if I should change it to "No", or keep the pre-filled information. Can somebody please advise?

Thanks in advance.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Having an EE profile is not an application for Express Entry. Application is when you submit your PR application after getting an ITA.

Autumn29, just tell the truth, which is you haven't applied for PR yet. You can't say "yes", because it's not true. I don't think it would be a big deal, they just want to check previous applications and reasons of former refusals.

Reactions: Kahl Lee

Autumn29

Aug 29, 2016
Hi neorol,

Thanks for the reply! I realize now that I shouldn't have answered "Yes" to "Have you applied for Express Entry before?" when filling in my Express Entry profile, as this information is subsequently pre-filled into the PR application online form in the "Have you applied for PR before?" field. I am worried if I change the pre-filled answer to "No", it might cause problems since it would be inconsistent with my EE profile.

What you said makes sense though. Answering "No" now makes the most sense. Hopefully it won't be a big deal in the end.

Thanks again! :)

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Autumn29 said:
Hi neorol,

Thanks for the reply! I realize now that I shouldn't have answered "Yes" to "Have you applied for Express Entry before?" when filling in my Express Entry profile, as this information is subsequently pre-filled into the PR application online form in the "Have you applied for PR before?" field. I am worried if I change the pre-filled answer to "No", it might cause problems since it would be inconsistent with my EE profile.

What you said makes sense though. Answering "No" now makes the most sense. Hopefully it won't be a big deal in the end.

You're really welcome, I had the same question when I created my new profile. I think you should answer no, and if you are worried explain it in your LOE. A short note to them would clarify everything. I don't think you would be the first one, because this question is confusing... Good luck!

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
I'm facing a similar issue. I had created my first EE profile last week, but because I have an extended job offer, my HR somehow thought I should be applying for a WP extension before PR. So I quickly withdrew my profile on Tuesday night. After sorting out the issues with my HR, now when I'm trying to create a new profile it asks me if I've applied for Express Entry before. And as per my understanding, creating an EE profile is not the same as applying for EE. Am I correct? Would like to confirm with others who have faced similar situation and had successful applications.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Janaki Iyer said:
I'm facing a similar issue. I had created my first EE profile last week, but because I have an extended job offer, my HR somehow thought I should be applying for a WP extension before PR. So I quickly withdrew my profile on Tuesday night. After sorting out the issues with my HR, now when I'm trying to create a new profile it asks me if I've applied for Express Entry before. And as per my understanding, creating an EE profile is not the same as applying for EE. Am I correct? Would like to confirm with others who have faced similar situation and had successful applications.
Applying for Express Entry means you submit a PR application through Express Entry. Creating EE profile is not a PR application

I withdrew an EE profile, created a new one, answered no, application approved.

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
neorol said:
Applying for Express Entry means you submit a PR application through Express Entry. Creating EE profile is not a PR application

I withdrew an EE profile, created a new one, answered no, application approved.
Thanks!

mee11

Oct 1, 2022
Hi neorol,

Hello Autumn29, I need your help! I am in the same situation as you, what did you end up doing?

I will definitely answer NO to the PR question, but should i also answer NO to the "* Has XXX XXX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?" question? Knowing that i haven't, except that expired profile.

Can you please help? I saw that you got your PPR a while back, i hope you will see this!
Thank you!

KabeerWest77

Feb 13, 2023
Someplace, Earth
Category........
FSW
Hello Autumn29, I need your help! I am in the same situation as you, what did you end up doing?

I will definitely answer NO to the PR question, but should i also answer NO to the "* Has XXX XXX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?" question? Knowing that i haven't, except that expired profile.

Can you please help? I saw that you got your PPR a while back, i hope you will see this!
Thank you!
Hey there. In a kinda similar boat, what did you answer to that Question finally?