Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Please I need some advise on my PCC situation;

I have a Nigerian PCC which was issued on 01-Sep-2010
I left Nigeria for the studies in the Uk on 04-Sep-2010
I have lived in the Uk until now. My visits to Nigeria usually last for 1-2 weeks

I will apply for a PCC in the Uk
As for the Nigerian PCC i thought that it will still be valid since I have not lived for more than 6 months there since leaving the country
however there is part on the certificate that states as follows "This certificate is valid for three months and issued to the holder to travel to Scotland"

I am not sure whether it is still valid or not
Kindly advise me

Josia13

Sep 21, 2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2018
Med's Done....
24-12-2018
The PCC should have been issued after you lived in that country.... I do not know if they will care about those 3 days. I think that if you want to be sure, just issue a new one.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ideally it should still be valid as long as you've not lived in Nigeria since you received the PCC, however as you've frequented Nigeria for 1-2 weeks it's advisable to get a new one to avoid any complications. It's an easy process, just go to Nigeria CRB website and download the form, get your fingerprints taken and email it to them, they should have everything ready in about 2 weeks. Btw Nigerian PCC's say 3 months but ignore this date as CIC has set their own expiry date. Goodluck.

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josia13 said:
The PCC should have been issued after you lived in that country.... I do not know if they will care about those 3 days. I think that if you want to be sure, just issue a new one.
Thank you very much

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Ideally it should still be valid as long as you've not lived in Nigeria since you received the PCC, however as you've frequented Nigeria for 1-2 weeks it's advisable to get a new one to avoid any complications. It's an easy process, just go to Nigeria CRB website and download the form, get your fingerprints taken and email it to them, they should have everything ready in about 2 weeks. Btw Nigerian PCC's say 3 months but ignore this date as CIC has set their own expiry date. Goodluck.
Thank you for your response, have you got any idea how much it cost

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kitua85 said:
Thank you for your response, have you got any idea how much it cost
I had mine down last year December and I think I paid about £105 for it because they had to DHL it to Ikoyi and back.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Kitua ,

Better apply and get a pcc ,donot take chance with any of these documents .

Guys I have a question ,(ofcourse I know it is silly stupid question) , but better to confirm with you guys

I got ITA on 21-Aug-2015 . (15th draw). My India PCC is issued on 20-Aug-2015 by the consulate . I left India long back in 30-Sep-2011.
My question is my PCC is dated 1 day before ITA day , is this OK?

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Kitua ,

Better apply and get a pcc ,donot take chance with any of these documents .

Guys I have a question ,(ofcourse I know it is silly stupid question) , but better to confirm with you guys

I got ITA on 21-Aug-2015 . (15th draw). My India PCC is issued on 20-Aug-2015 by the consulate . I left India long back in 30-Sep-2011.
My question is my PCC is dated 1 day before ITA day , is this OK?
Hello Sraj

Thanks for the advice, I am already in the process of re-applying for my PCC
I believe your PCC is fine, since it will not be more that 3 months old by the time you apply for PR
PCC's from most countries are usually valid for 3 months

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
I had mine down last year December and I think I paid about £105 for it because they had to DHL it to Ikoyi and back.
Anya,

Once again, thank you very much

IndoCanadian2015

Star Member
May 4, 2015
From CIC Website:

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

Base your judgement based on this.
SRAJ07, you definitely don't need an India PCC.
Kitua85, based on the CIC blurb, I think you do need a PCC.

Here is a link to the website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kitua85 said:
Hi All,

Please I need some advise on my PCC situation;

I have a Nigerian PCC which was issued on 01-Sep-2010
I left Nigeria for the studies in the Uk on 04-Sep-2010
I have lived in the Uk until now. My visits to Nigeria usually last for 1-2 weeks

I will apply for a PCC in the Uk
As for the Nigerian PCC i thought that it will still be valid since I have not lived for more than 6 months there since leaving the country
however there is part on the certificate that states as follows "This certificate is valid for three months and issued to the holder to travel to Scotland"

I am not sure whether it is still valid or not
Kindly advise me
you better issue a fresh PCC from Nigerian Consulate in the UK to avoid all sorts of doubts and suspicions :)