+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone recently applied for a PRTD from within Canada?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Having seen at least a few recent posts from PRs that say that the IRCC phone support agent told them that they can now apply for a PRTD from Canada...has anyone actually been approved? There's been no updates to IRCC's website, so before I assume that the phone clerk was mistaken...I thought I'd post the question, here.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not talking about someone that misrepresented by saying they were IN Canada on the application.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's someone that was apparently successful applying with an urgent request from inside Canada:
Hi Everyone,

I have submitted PRTD with urgent processing with letters from company and reasons of illness for parents and return tickets already booked for 19th March. Will keep everyone posted on the updates if it helps anybody.
Hoping for quick and positive process.
fYi we are still in Canada with plan to travel on 11th Feb.

Sorry for the delay. Yes my wife received her PRTD on 23rd feb while she submitted her passport on 14th feb. No issues and everything in order. So go ahead and apply 2 weeks before travel but only if you have confirmed tickets booked earlier.
All the best to everyone :)
Is it now possible to apply for a PRTD (if making an urgent request) from within Canada, that does not require falsely stating that they are OUTSIDE of Canada?