+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone here had money sent to Canada from SBI (Indian branch)? Questions on acct no.

dgwarez

Dec 14, 2019
Hello everyone - Has anyone had any money sent to a Canadian bank from SBI through SWIFT wire transfer? I had provided them with the following information for my Canadian account.

branch transit no. (5 digit), routing no (9 digit). , institution no.(3 digit), account no. (7 digit), bank name, bank address and my name.

However,SBI India keeps telling me to verify my account number as they think it will be a 12 digit number. I'm sure the account number is 7 digit in CIBC. Do I add the 5 digit branch transit number with the 7 digit account number?

Can anyone who had money sent to Canada from SBI India successfully guide me?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hello everyone - Has anyone had any money sent to a Canadian bank from SBI through SWIFT wire transfer? I had provided them with the following information for my Canadian account.

branch transit no. (5 digit), routing no (9 digit). , institution no.(3 digit), account no. (7 digit), bank name, bank address and my name.

However,SBI India keeps telling me to verify my account number as they think it will be a 12 digit number. I'm sure the account number is 7 digit in CIBC. Do I add the 5 digit branch transit number with the 7 digit account number?

Not sure about sbi but confirming that account numbers in few banks here tend to be smaller (7 digits in CIBC)

alexraj

Dec 2, 2017
I usually transfer via the "International Funds Transfer" section in sbi online website. I have only sent money to europe though, never to Canada. But you should be able to do it, you can try.

Somu83

Mar 17, 2020

I'm facing the same problem. Someone told me to add 5 digit transit number with the 7 digit account number. Is this right? Please help! Thank you.

dgwarez

Dec 14, 2019
I'm facing the same problem. Someone told me to add 5 digit transit number with the 7 digit account number. Is this right? Please help! Thank you.
Hi Somu83 - I added the 5 digit branch transit number first followed by the 7 digit account number. All the transactions went through successfully. Just to clarify, a relative of mine was sending the funds from India directly from a bank and was not using any online portal.