+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

has anyone got reply from university of Calgary ?

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have got the following reply from university of calgary, seniors plz read this carefully and kindly tell me what are my chances of getting into university of calgary? am i a successful candidate and is that a reason they have passed my file to their faculty members? what should be my next action ?

Status of Graduate Studies Application

Student:

In response to your application for pursuing graduate studies with the Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, University of Calgary, your file is being circulated amongst the Academics in the Department for possible interest and to find you a supervisor. You cannot and will not be admitted unless and until you have a Supervisor. This process may take several weeks to several months or longer. If someone is interested in your work, we will proceed with your admission to the program. More than ¾ of all qualified applicants cannot be admitted because a supervisor is not available.

In this regard, you may wish to communicate directly with Faculty Members yourself. Information about our Faculty is available from our website: http://www.eng.ucalgary.ca/enme/faculty

If a supervisor is found I will require the following information to complete a Recommendation for Admission:
- Once completed, we will require 2 sets of final official transcripts and degree certificates (which show when the degree was awarded) from National U of Science for the Bachelor degrees. Please ensure that you continue to meet entrance requirements in your final year.
- To be considered official, all academic records must be received by the Department in envelopes that have been sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution. The records must also be endorsed by the issuing institution.

Please be advised that we will not be responding to emails regarding your admission status unless and until a Supervisor is found. If we are unable to find you a Supervisor, you will be notified in the next six months.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
SHAHABZ said:
i have got the following reply from university of calgary, seniors plz read this carefully and kindly tell me what are my chances of getting into university of calgary? am i a successful candidate and is that a reason they have passed my file to their faculty members? what should be my next action ?

Status of Graduate Studies Application

Student:

In response to your application for pursuing graduate studies with the Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, University of Calgary, your file is being circulated amongst the Academics in the Department for possible interest and to find you a supervisor. You cannot and will not be admitted unless and until you have a Supervisor. This process may take several weeks to several months or longer. If someone is interested in your work, we will proceed with your admission to the program. More than ¾ of all qualified applicants cannot be admitted because a supervisor is not available.

In this regard, you may wish to communicate directly with Faculty Members yourself. Information about our Faculty is available from our website: http://www.eng.ucalgary.ca/enme/faculty

If a supervisor is found I will require the following information to complete a Recommendation for Admission:
- Once completed, we will require 2 sets of final official transcripts and degree certificates (which show when the degree was awarded) from National U of Science for the Bachelor degrees. Please ensure that you continue to meet entrance requirements in your final year.
- To be considered official, all academic records must be received by the Department in envelopes that have been sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution. The records must also be endorsed by the issuing institution.

Please be advised that we will not be responding to emails regarding your admission status unless and until a Supervisor is found. If we are unable to find you a Supervisor, you will be notified in the next six months.
I advice you start contacting the professors to recommend you for the program. All the files that don't have faculty recommendation are passed on and circulated among the professors. It's a common thing for all

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brother although i have started writing emails to the faculty members, but as initially i applied for MENG mechanical program but later changed it to MSC on the advice on my program administrator who said that 95% of MENG seats are awarded to the Local Residents, can i ask them to change it once again to MEng if in case i am unable to secure a supervisor?

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
In both cases it will be tough for you to secure admission. Do you have alternative admit from other univs?

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brother i have already accepted the admission offer from university of Ottawa in MEng Mechanical Program for January 2015

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
If you failed to secure supervisor, then I suggest you tell them to consider for Meng. U of Ottawa is also good man. Go for it

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes bro i m going for university of Ottawa, but i m just trying to secure admission in university of calgary just to make myself satisfied that atleast the money i invested in application fee for admission did not go invain ;)

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
SHAHABZ said:
yes bro i m going for university of Ottawa, but i m just trying to secure admission in university of calgary just to make myself satisfied that atleast the money i invested in application fee for admission did not go invain ;)
They told me the same for Msc Software Engineering Program. I tried Contacting Professors, Even i Visited the University and Met with some Faculty Members But Most of them said we have Quota full for students.

And At last they Rejected my Application haha.. Same gonna Happen to you I Guess. But they will Wait for it Untill The Last moments of Selections. So try to find Supervisor other wise its Rejected.

ajayaj

Jan 1, 2014
Hi Guys,
I've also applied for UofC Fall 2014... M.Eng-ECE
Is it necessary to find/get supervisor for above mentioned course?
Please advise if you have any idea.
thnx

sauj10

Apr 22, 2014
SHAHABZ said:
have u got acceptance by some other uni as well? i have got from university of Ottawa
even i applied for university of ottawa but no response till now,which course did you apply in ottawa...and can u plz share our profile..???