+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone ever applied for immigration to Canada as a dancer under 5134? What are the proof of documents required?

suga-san

Mar 28, 2020
Hi,

I read that if one is a classical dancer they are eligible for the Federal Skilled Workers Program and that dancers are given preference regardless of the CRS score.

My qualification as a classical dancer in Bharatnatyam is till arangatrum only. I am eligible for my BA but as of now do not hold any degree.

Anyone who has more information on this, please respond.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I read that if one is a classical dancer they are eligible for the Federal Skilled Workers Program and that dancers are given preference regardless of the CRS score.

My qualification as a classical dancer in Bharatnatyam is till arangatrum only. I am eligible for my BA but as of now do not hold any degree.

Anyone who has more information on this, please respond.
This is incorrect. A dancer will not be given preference in applying for Express Entry / Federal Skilled Worker. Applicants are selected purely based on their points. Being a dancer gives you no advantage for this program. If you want to know your chances of being selected, you will need to calculate how many points you have. Right now you need to have around 470 points to be selected and I expect you will struggle to achieve that if you do not hold a degree.

If you don't have enough points for this program, you can look into the self employed immigration stream.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/self-employed.html

Reactions: suga-san

suga-san

Mar 28, 2020
This is incorrect. A dancer will not be given preference in applying for Express Entry / Federal Skilled Worker. Applicants are selected purely based on their points. Being a dancer gives you no advantage for this program. If you want to know your chances of being selected, you will need to calculate how many points you have. Right now you need to have around 470 points to be selected and I expect you will struggle to achieve that if you do not hold a degree.

If you don't have enough points for this program, you can look into the self employed immigration stream.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/self-employed.html

Okay. Thank you so much for the quick and informative reply!