Med's Done....
30-03-2017 Medical Passed (Re- Med)
Passport Req..
27-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH 03-07-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
Good day! My original entry here was as a Live-in Caregiver. I currently have an open work permit and my permanent residence application is still in process. My dilemma is, I needed to go home to The Philippines because I have to sort out custody issue concerning my kids..I have called the CIC thru their call centre, and said that I can go home and apply for a TRV but it's not a guarantee if I will be able to come back in Canada eventhough assuming I was granted a Visa..I am planning to apply for TRV (single or multiple?) in Buffalo, NY by mailing my application before leaving Canada. Is it possible that assuming I have the Visa, Open work permit and valid passport..that I will still be denied of re-entering here in Canada at the border? Because I do believe that if I was to go home, I would be able to iron things out regarding my family issues in The Philippines and not losing my PR application here..Pls help..thanks a lot! God bless

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Filipinay said:
Good day! My original entry here was as a Live-in Caregiver. I currently have an open work permit and my permanent residence application is still in process. My dilemma is, I needed to go home to The Philippines because I have to sort out custody issue concerning my kids..I have called the CIC thru their call centre, and said that I can go home and apply for a TRV but it's not a guarantee if I will be able to come back in Canada eventhough assuming I was granted a Visa..I am planning to apply for TRV (single or multiple?) in Buffalo, NY by mailing my application before leaving Canada. Is it possible that assuming I have the Visa, Open work permit and valid passport..that I will still be denied of re-entering here in Canada at the border? Because I do believe that if I was to go home, I would be able to iron things out regarding my family issues in The Philippines and not losing my PR application here..Pls help..thanks a lot! God bless
1. With an open work permit, valid TRV it is unlikely that you would be refused.

Filipinay

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Oakville, ON
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
File Transfer...
and SA 06-01-2017; BGC In progress: 26-04-2017
Med's Request
Re- Med request 14-03-2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH 03-07-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
tnx a loT..but they're saying that even with a TRV, its still depends on the border officials if they will let me in.. hav a great day! :)

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Filipinay said:
are u currently working ??? coz, it's important that you still have work when you come back to canada, as the letter from your employer is very important..if you don't have an employer, even you have TRV and open work permit, then it will be hard for you to come back coz when the immigration will ask you at the port of entry about the letter from your current employer, then that's gonna be a big problem.

Filipinay

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Oakville, ON
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH 03-07-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
leycute said:
are u currently working ??? coz, it's important that you still have work when you come back to canada, as the letter from your employer is very important..if you don't have an employer, even you have TRV and open work permit, then it will be hard for you to come back coz when the immigration will ask you at the port of entry about the letter from your current employer, then that's gonna be a big problem.
hey tnx for ur reply, yes i do have an employer right now in the healthcare field and i just renewed my open work permit wc expires in 2014..so i just needed to go back home for 2-3wks to really sort tings out..dats my dilemma for so many wks now, coz whenever i call CIC's call centre, they'd b like " yes u can go home but ders no guarantee if the officers on the border wil allow u to"..so atleast now i knw ders a glimpse of hope dat i could re-enter again..i thinnk all i gotta do is secure a letter fr my employer right? thnks a lot God bless

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Filipinay said:
hey tnx for ur reply, yes i do have an employer right now in the healthcare field and i just renewed my open work permit wc expires in 2014..so i just needed to go back home for 2-3wks to really sort tings out..dats my dilemma for so many wks now, coz whenever i call CIC's call centre, they'd b like " yes u can go home but ders no guarantee if the officers on the border wil allow u to"..so atleast now i knw ders a glimpse of hope dat i could re-enter again..i thinnk all i gotta do is secure a letter fr my employer right? thnks a lot God bless
there you go... your safe..don't forget TRV, OWP, the your letter....did u apply for TRV yet? my advice, apply in Buffalo, as Seattle office is sooooooo slow.... God Bless...

Filipinay

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Oakville, ON
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH 03-07-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
leycute said:
there you go... your safe..don't forget TRV, OWP, the your letter....did u apply for TRV yet? my advice, apply in Buffalo, as Seattle office is sooooooo slow.... God Bless...
thanks sooo much..i still hav to apply for my TRV..and in Buffalo, yeah i heard abt Seattle..geez thanks God bless..

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Filipinay said:
thanks sooo much..i still hav to apply for my TRV..and in Buffalo, yeah i heard abt Seattle..geez thanks God bless..
yup...I applied there , submitted feb 14, received at seattle office feb 15, 3 emails sent, no response even once..and now no passport still...grrrrr...... I'm on a OWP too, and my vacation is next week.....huhuhuhu I hope it will be out soon.. :(

Filipinay

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Oakville, ON
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH 03-07-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
leycute said:
yup...I applied there , submitted feb 14, received at seattle office feb 15, 3 emails sent, no response even once..and now no passport still...grrrrr...... I'm on a OWP too, and my vacation is next week.....huhuhuhu I hope it will be out soon.. :(
i see, so correct me if im wrong..if im applying for Multiple Visa in Buffalo, and will mail it to them, i saw one mailing address in Fort Erie, ON and the Buffalo office will b the one who'l pick up the application? thanks coz it's good to know that I have someone in the same predicament as I am right now..good luck to both of us :) God bless

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Fort Erie PO is advantageous for those in Canada as you can use Canadapost Xpresspost. They will forward the applications received at their PO to the Buffalo VO. If you want to use courier services such as UPS/Fedex send it directly to the Buffalo VO address, not to the Fort Erie PO.

Just applied for a TRV at Buffalo last week. Followed the advise and used canadapost xpresspost and sent it to the Fort Erie address. Tracked it and they have received it yesterday (Fort Erie). Now waiting....I included a return xpresspost envelope so they can mail back my passport to me.

Based on the feedback of those who applied this year - 2 to 3 weeks is the reported average processing time.

Filipinay

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Oakville, ON
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH 03-07-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
ragluf said:
The Fort Erie PO is advantageous for those in Canada as you can use Canadapost Xpresspost. They will forward the applications received at their PO to the Buffalo VO. If you want to use courier services such as UPS/Fedex send it directly to the Buffalo VO address, not to the Fort Erie PO.

Just applied for a TRV at Buffalo last week. Followed the advise and used canadapost xpresspost and sent it to the Fort Erie address. Tracked it and they have received it yesterday (Fort Erie). Now waiting....I included a return xpresspost envelope so they can mail back my passport to me.

Based on the feedback of those who applied this year - 2 to 3 weeks is the reported average processing time.
thanks so much for sharing..i just needed a confirmation to what ive read..God bless

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Filipinay,

Just recently tracked the return status of my application - the return package has been accepted at the Fort Erie PO today. Around 2 more days, (hopefully by end of the week) I should expect to receive it.

Just crossing fingers .....