+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Harpars Investments their Rude and racist Apartments Manager

chefchopra7

Star Member
Apr 7, 2009
Attention New Comers

All new comers to Edmonton Alberta Canada,
be care ful avoid renting a apartment in Harpars Groups - Lake Wood Manor building.Manager Ms Debrah.

As a new Immigrant she will lure you by talking sweetly ab out your rich culture and family to make you sign, and you as new immigrant will be thankful and happily sign and then she will use this signature as weapon against when you stay specially move out.

I have step by step series of her hatred racial behaviour to new Immigrants.She hates non white immigrants.

She has some white golden tanant to provoke against you and have fun ,Even I had to call a police one day. I was advised to leave this building but she continuesly abused my family till we left the building.

At the end she has eaten all my security amount ,

Try to find building manager who is immigrant.

Good Luck

s/c

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is actually common in Edmonton for managers to find some reason to withhold your security deposit. When this happened to me and I told some friends about it, they said that is normal. If your manager is that dishonest, you can try going to the tenants board and see if they can help. If not, you can sue them but it will take some time and cause you to have to take time off work to go to court. The manager will not mind going to court because that is their job. Most people probably don't bother but what I did was write the manager a letter telling them that I would report them to the health authorities because of black mold I knew from other tenants they had in the basement and they promptly decided that I should at least have some of my deposit back, not all and I left it at that.

A good idea when renting is to bring a witness to your move-in inspection and take pictures or a video of all damages in the apartment. Make sure they are all listed on the move-in report. You should get a copy of the move-in report for yourself. This will protect you when moving out because if the damages were already there when you moved in, they can not accuse you of having caused them. The pictures are necessary because a damage to a door for example can be described as a tiny scratch on the move-in but on the move-out the manager may list it as a big gash, making it seem that the damage got worse. When you go for the move-out inspection, do not sign anything unless you want to admit that you caused the damage. When I moved out, they tried to blame me for a water spot on the ceiling caused by their leaky roof as well as damages to the outside of the apartment door as well as some other damages that were already there when I moved in. If you don't sign it, you have a better case if you have to go to court. You should also get a copy of the move-out report so they can not add anything to it after the fact.