+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hard time with everything-story of me

aurora2018

Dec 8, 2018
I wanted to share some emotional stories about my situation regarding PR obligations as I have no one to talk to. It's been a challenging journey for me, and I am struggling with mixed emotions about it. To give a brief background, I was passionate about studying in Canada and earned my advanced degree. However, after more than a year of job searching, I was unable to find a suitable career and had to resort to stupid side hustles to pay the bills. Eventually, I submitted my residency request and left for a two-year postdoc program in the US. I thought my PR application would be accepted by then, but unfortunately, it was forgotten and left unprocessed for over three years then covid hit and impacted all my finance, and I lost a parent. When I finally received my PR card after 5yeras of waiting!, I was only able to stay in Canada for less than 3months before needing to return to the US. As I reflect on my situation, I am finding myself increasingly weighed down by feelings of loneliness and instability as I don't have a family. Although I am content with my current life in the US hitting some career goals, not having a family of my own almost reaching midlife has left me feeling unmoored and uncertain. I have been searching for job opportunities in Canada and the US, but it has been a challenging process as for the US side you need a green card and for Canada, jobs are not related to my profession. I might be able to get a green card with help of a lawyer quicker-the mistake I did for Canada not having one. I have invested a significant amount of time and effort into my education and professional development, and it feels so disheartening not to see it pay off yet. At this point, I am not seeing a significant difference between Canada and the US in terms of my prospects for a fulfilling personal life as a single. when you cant travel anywhere you like when you want unless you have 200k in your pocket to buy an island passport, I guess was behind all the effort for me to get a foreign country passport one day. I feel a sense of urgency and I am apprehensive about losing my Canada PR if I choose to stay in the US. Additionally, I am struggling with the emotional toll that the constant paperwork and restrictions on travel have taken on me not being able to see relatives in other countries. not sure how one can keep two countries' residency too. Despite these challenges, I am determined to persevere and find a path that brings me a sense of stability and happiness although that may seem gloomy at the moment. I am grateful for the support of my friends and colleagues, even though some may not understand the complexities of my situation sometimes I receive bullies too as they live a comfortable life of not worrying about bills and mortgages as couples. People who move to Canada with their own families never understand this post of mine. their motivation is their kids they do whatever they can for them to be happy. singles have no strong motivations especially when their home country is also a messed up place nor they can get support from or live comfortably there too.