+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Had to leave before I got a reply from vegreville?

stanleyparker

Mar 21, 2010
Hi All

I am a newbie and have a burning question to ask. I wish I had heard of this site before, So the point is in 2007 i entered canada on an open work permit under 35 work visa from Ireland. I got an Lmo and sent it in for an extension. I did this 60plus days before my original visa expired. So come 5th of september when my permit expired and i no longer had a valid SIN number so believed I could not work and had not heard anything from immigration I hung around for about 2-4 weeks and due to financial constraints and the end of my lease agreement i decided i would have to leave the country and I couldn't afford to fund my stay without a wage.

I was under the impression i had applied status but because i never waited to see what the end result of my application would be, i don't know if my stay was illegal. I want to travel there on a holiday for 4 months and I am unsure what my legal standing is with canada?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on the subject

:) :) :) :) :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
stanleyparker said:
Hi All

I am a newbie and have a burning question to ask. I wish I had heard of this site before, So the point is in 2007 i entered canada on an open work permit under 35 work visa from Ireland. I got an Lmo and sent it in for an extension. I did this 60plus days before my original visa expired. So come 5th of september when my permit expired and i no longer had a valid SIN number so believed I could not work and had not heard anything from immigration I hung around for about 2-4 weeks and due to financial constraints and the end of my lease agreement i decided i would have to leave the country and I couldn't afford to fund my stay without a wage.

I was under the impression i had applied status but because i never waited to see what the end result of my application would be, i don't know if my stay was illegal. I want to travel there on a holiday for 4 months and I am unsure what my legal standing is with canada?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on the subject

:) :) :) :) :)
If you had submitted your application before the expiry of your allowed stay, then you were supposed to be in implied status until you received a response from CPC. You left before you yu got any response, so you were still "legally" here when you left.