+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H4 valid stamp (valid till Jan) and h1b approved - COPR while pregnant 34 weeks

sraran

Dec 24, 2022
Situation is here: I’m a pregnant, 34 weeks pregnant and primary applicant.
my h1b is picked in lottery this year and has cos from Oct 1st
Current COPR expiry date is April 4th, 2023
My current stamping was done based on h4 and valid until Jan end
I requested COPR processing officer over email to extend COPR expiry date but she stated that I had so many chances to explain my situation before COPR so she’d not extend it unless I get formal medical letter to prove I can’t travel. But my doctor is now on holiday so she’s not really responding to my requests to provide the letter soon.
Now, looking at covid situation, we don’t want to risk taking baby after he’s born. So we are thinking about getting the COPR process done at Vancouver next week.

my question is: with my situation, where I have valid h4 stamping and cos to h1b. Won’t there be any problem to do soft landing and come back within a day or 2 if I travel by air?
Also, could someone please explain things to have in hand to complete soft landing successfully and where do we provide friends address and also how to answer any questions that we may face with Canada stamping officer?

please help me out as this is time critical situation.
Thank you

visatalkay

Dec 5, 2022
I think you cannot have 2 valid visas at same time. So, once you stepped out of USA you need to schedule h1b apppointment to change your visa status. unless you have h1b appointment scheduled its risky. you can travel to canada or mexico with expired stamping and valid 797 for 30 days(AVR) but h4 to h1b you need stamping I guess. Please double check with your attorney .

I was asked only the visa and copr after soft landing , but its safe to have all the documents you submitted for expressentry ielts,wes,police certificate , proof of funds etc.

visatalkay

Dec 5, 2022
I would recommend extending copr once your doctor is back. I know many people extend copr even after expiry , this was during covid

Reactions: sraran