+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B visiting India for a month PCC from India PSK

Kae_be

Oct 24, 2017
Hi All,

I am in the process of completing my application after receiving the ITA last week. I work in Ohio, US on a H1B visa and am currently in India for a month long vacation.
I applied for FBI PCC before coming to India and expect it when I go back to US.

For India PCC I have obtained a copy from Passport Seva Kendra. The CIC website states that for Indians who don't reside in India should get it from Indian Embassy. However it also says on the PCC page that if you obtained the PCC from a country before leaving the country then it should not be more than 6 months old at time of submitting the application.

Do I need a PCC from Embassy or I can go ahead with the order from PSK?

Thanks,

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
It is better to get new PCC from consulate after being back in US. It is very easy to get one. Although one page says PCC is acceptable if it is within six months, another page says that it must be after one left the country. If they reject, you cannot go asking them showing their website.

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
It is better to get new PCC from consulate after being back in US. It is very easy to get one. Although one page says PCC is acceptable if it is within six months, another page says that it must be after one left the country. If they reject, you cannot go asking them showing their website.
Since you are in Ohio, I would recommend visiting Chicago embassy and with all correct documentation, you should get it within 3-4 hours. They collect your paperwork and ask to come back by noon.Thats how I did it.

Kae_be

Oct 24, 2017
Since you are in Ohio, I would recommend visiting Chicago embassy and with all correct documentation, you should get it within 3-4 hours. They collect your paperwork and ask to come back by noon.Thats how I did it.
I read somewhere that they do same day processing only for Indian passports issued/renewed at the same embassy and for passports issued in India they take longer. Can you let me know if your passport was from India or Chicago embassy?

Also, Chicago embassy website does not mention it serves Ohio. Strangely ANY embassy serves Ohio Which is ridiculous because NY embassy is 10hrs by road than the Chicago Embassy

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I read somewhere that they do same day processing only for Indian passports issued/renewed at the same embassy and for passports issued in India they take longer. Can you let me know if your passport was from India or Chicago embassy?

Also, Chicago embassy website does not mention it serves Ohio. Strangely ANY embassy serves Ohio Which is ridiculous because NY embassy is 10hrs by road than the Chicago Embassy
If your passport was recently renewed, then you will be able to get PCC real quick even if it was done in India. May be in a day or two.

jitrulz

Nov 2, 2017
Hi All,

I am in the process of completing my application after receiving the ITA last week. I work in Ohio, US on a H1B visa and am currently in India for a month long vacation.
I applied for FBI PCC before coming to India and expect it when I go back to US.

For India PCC I have obtained a copy from Passport Seva Kendra. The CIC website states that for Indians who don't reside in India should get it from Indian Embassy. However it also says on the PCC page that if you obtained the PCC from a country before leaving the country then it should not be more than 6 months old at time of submitting the application.

Do I need a PCC from Embassy or I can go ahead with the order from PSK?

Thanks,
can you shed some light on FBI PCC? like how easy or difficult it is to apply? timelines? anything