+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B visa stamping in Ottawa

Jul 4, 2021
Questions:

1) I flew to canada to get my h1b first stamp. I requested an emergency appointment but its been 2 weeks and i still have not received a response. Is this normal?
2) How long does premium processing takes I paid for it and hope to get my passport as fast as possible. I was told it takes 3-4 weeks for visa processing and 4-6 weeks for delivery? Does anyone have more info?

I have already been in canada for 3 weeks and the waiting period is driving me crazy especially because i have been waiting for almost 2 years to get this done already. Everytime i feel like im getting closed, there is always something that happens.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Questions:

1) I flew to canada to get my h1b first stamp. I requested an emergency appointment but its been 2 weeks and i still have not received a response. Is this normal?
2) How long does premium processing takes I paid for it and hope to get my passport as fast as possible. I was told it takes 3-4 weeks for visa processing and 4-6 weeks for delivery? Does anyone have more info?

I have already been in canada for 3 weeks and the waiting period is driving me crazy especially because i have been waiting for almost 2 years to get this done already. Everytime i feel like im getting closed, there is always something that happens.
1. It depends. For few it was quick earlier but now they are taking time atleast a month to month and half.
2. Premium processing for what? i didn't get you. If you are in the location where you have attended the interveiw you can still go pick it up once your passport is ready.

Jul 4, 2021
2. i was asking about how long i need to wait after my interview to receive my passport. I asked them in an email if i could just come pick it up but they someone out there told me they do not allow pick up/drop off.