+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B visa application in Toronto

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi all, I would like to ask for your help with H1B visa application.

My girlfriend is working in the US as a H1B hoder. I asked her to come to Toronto for a visit but she said that she will need a H1B visa for returning to the US. I noticed that currently all the visa interviews are cancelled until Nov 2022.

Please advise if I am wrong and the steps to get a H1B visa in Canada.

Thanks in advance,

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi all, I would like to ask for your help with H1B visa application.

My girlfriend is working in the US as a H1B hoder. I asked her to come to Toronto for a visit but she said that she will need a H1B visa for returning to the US. I noticed that currently all the visa interviews are cancelled until Nov 2022.

Please advise if I am wrong and the steps to get a H1B visa in Canada.

Thanks in advance,
Hi,

She can definitely visit you without having stamped visa. If she is having a valid i797A and 6months validity on her current passport. she can visit you and return back within 30days using AVR rule. She doesn't need a Visa if she is returning back in 30days. If she wants to stay for more than 30days , she needs to go for Visa stamping.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi,

She can definitely visit you without having stamped visa. If she is having a valid i797A and 6months validity on her current passport. she can visit you and return back within 30days using AVR rule. She doesn't need a Visa if she is returning back in 30days. If she wants to stay for more than 30days , she needs to go for Visa stamping.

thanks a lot man.
So all she needs are: passport with >6 month validity, I-797A, and possibly an employer's letter?

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi,

hi,
would you be able send the link to the website of these policies?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
thanks a lot man.
So all she needs are: passport with >6 month validity, I-797A, and possibly an employer's letter?
She needs to carry all her documents (LCA, Offer letter/Employers letter, recent paystubs) along with i797A and passport. Its basically you need to have all the documents in hand like how you go for a Visa interview.

hi,
would you be able send the link to the website of these policies?
there is no link for this. All the people who use AVR generally carry all these documents to be on safer side.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
She needs to carry all her documents (LCA, Offer letter/Employers letter, recent paystubs) along with i797A and passport. Its basically you need to have all the documents in hand like how you go for a Visa interview.

there is no link for this. All the people who use AVR generally carry all these documents to be on safer side.

thanks man.