PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Hi All,

I have situation with a friend. She is PR and needing to complete her days ~8 months for her citizenship. She is working in the US on H1B and is contemplating a move closer to the Canada border to get commute and spend most of her time in Canada and visit the US for few days during the 8 months period. She will be getting paid in the US. Can she do that? I mean getting paid the US as an "H1B" for the payroll and Taxes and live in Canada for more then 8 months? Please let me know. I would appreciate any responses.

Thanks,

Ketan

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi All,

I have situation with a friend. She is PR and needing to complete her days ~8 months for her citizenship. She is working in the US on H1B and is contemplating a move closer to the Canada border to get commute and spend most of her time in Canada and visit the US for few days during the 8 months period. She will be getting paid in the US. Can she do that? I mean getting paid the US as an "H1B" for the payroll and Taxes and live in Canada for more then 8 months? Please let me know. I would appreciate any responses.

Thanks,

Ketan
Yes this can be doable. There are decent amount of people doing this from years. So she should be good.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

Thanks,

Ketan
She will need to verify whether her employer will allow her to work from Canada. Not employers allow this. Yes this is possible if employer allows this. She will need to submit both Canadian and US taxes.

Reactions: Rawhide