+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B extension issues

frazman007

Jan 25, 2018
Hello folks,
While I understand this is Canadian immigration thread but I was wondering if any of you have any experience or have faced something similar as follows.

Basically, I have moved to Canada as a permanent resident but still work for US employer. I travel once a month to my work office (same place as on my H1B). So far I have not faced any issue as far as immigration is concerned.
My question is with regards to H1B extension. In a couple of years, my current H1B will expire. Will my extensive out of US travel cause any issues in the extension process?
I know the current administration is crazy and the present scenario is no guarantee for future but then as of now, has anyone faced any issue for H1B extension as a PR in Canada?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
You absolutely won't have any issues in your extension because of this. A petition is approved purely on the merits of application and paperwork, and applicant travel history or utilization doesn't totally matter at all.

Atif8888

Jul 28, 2018
Hi
I travelled to us in 2015 on visit visa where i made refugee asylum at canada border. I went to canada and before hearing i withdrawn my asylum and flew back to my home country. I did all the proceedures legally. I want to know the status of my us visa. Which is still have validity of 2019. Thnx