+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Help

gdh1234

Apr 10, 2021
Hello, I applied for H&C for my mother and it has been approved. Now I have been requested documents to email in regarding her permanent residency. She has been in Canada for about 2 and a half years now. They are asking for a police clearance from the country she resided in before Canada which is India. I applied for a PCC but according to the consulate it has gotten lost in the mail and told me to re-apply. The immigration officer has asked for all documents to be submitted within 30 days of the letter sent to me. The PCC would take longer than that. What could I do in this situation?

They have also asked for a letter about self-supporting. My mother is 80 years old and is not working so I provide everything for her as she stays with me in Canada. They are asking for a letter to explain how she is supporting herself. How can I get a letter to explain that I am providing for her and that she is not able to work?

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
You can ask for a extension for the requested documents. Submit proof that you are working and your bank statements.

gdh1234

Apr 10, 2021
Alright, thank you.

As for proof of work.... do I submit my own bank statements and pay stubs to show I am working?

What document do I submit on behalf of my mother to say I am providing for her?

I am applying for her PR card.I am a Canadian Citizen myself.

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
Alright, thank you.

As for proof of work.... do I submit my own bank statements and pay stubs to show I am working?

What document do I submit on behalf of my mother to say I am providing for her?

I am applying for her PR card.I am a Canadian Citizen myself.

Yes, you submit your bank statements and pay stubs and a letter stating that you financially responsible for your mother

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I applied for H&C for my mother and it has been approved. Now I have been requested documents to email in regarding her permanent residency. She has been in Canada for about 2 and a half years now. They are asking for a police clearance from the country she resided in before Canada which is India. I applied for a PCC but according to the consulate it has gotten lost in the mail and told me to re-apply. The immigration officer has asked for all documents to be submitted within 30 days of the letter sent to me. The PCC would take longer than that. What could I do in this situation?

They have also asked for a letter about self-supporting. My mother is 80 years old and is not working so I provide everything for her as she stays with me in Canada. They are asking for a letter to explain how she is supporting herself. How can I get a letter to explain that I am providing for her and that she is not able to work?
It sounds like you have only received stage 1 approval. Does your mother have property in her name or any savings? You should definitely submit your own savings but once approved for PR there is nothing stopping her from claiming welfare the next day and nothing requiring you to support her so it would be best if she had funds in her name.

gdh1234

Apr 10, 2021
It sounds like you have only received stage 1 approval. Does your mother have property in her name or any savings? You should definitely submit your own savings but once approved for PR there is nothing stopping her from claiming welfare the next day and nothing requiring you to support her so it would be best if she had funds in her name.
She has no funds in her name at all. She was a homemaker and has no property or any income. I will be supporting everything for her so not sure what to do in that case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She has no funds in her name at all. She was a homemaker and has no property or any income. I will be supporting everything for her so not sure what to do in that case.
All you do is be honest that she has no assets and that you will support her.