+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H & C application since 2019 January

Andy85_

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Hello,

I've been in Canada since Jan 2011, I've schooled, live, and worked here up until 2019 Jan. I applied for H & C Jan 2019 and the application is still saying "we have received your application".
- I'm curious to know if anyone here applied around that same time and have you heard back or not?.
- Also due to this whole COVID situation, does anyone have an idea of how the processing for the H&C is going to go?
- what is usually the next stage after they have "received application". When can I expect a response?

Also for anyone who can share information on how one can sustain themselves financially to survive while waiting for this time-consuming process? I've been out of work since last year's march and it been difficult to keep up with living in Toronto. I'm wondering if there are any funding societies or organizations that help folks like us.

Thanks you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I've been in Canada since Jan 2011, I've schooled, live, and worked here up until 2019 Jan. I applied for H & C Jan 2019 and the application is still saying "we have received your application".
- I'm curious to know if anyone here applied around that same time and have you heard back or not?.
- Also due to this whole COVID situation, does anyone have an idea of how the processing for the H&C is going to go?
- what is usually the next stage after they have "received application". When can I expect a response?

Also for anyone who can share information on how one can sustain themselves financially to survive while waiting for this time-consuming process? I've been out of work since last year's march and it been difficult to keep up with living in Toronto. I'm wondering if there are any funding societies or organizations that help folks like us.

Thanks you!
Recommend you join discussions here. This is where you will find others who are waiting for the outcomes of their H&C application:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/h-c-humanitarian-ground-with-or-without-failed-refugee-claim.550176/page-113

These days processing seems to be close to 3 years for most application. Most seem to be receiving AIP (first stage approval) at or after 2 years. Once you have AIP, you can apply for a work permit.

Reactions: Andy85_

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you can’t afford to live in Canada you can return home and your H&C will still be processed. Obviously it would be best to stay in Canada but there aren’t a ton of resources that will provide aid to people without status. There are homeless shelters and food banks especially but given covid many social services and charities are very stretched.

Reactions: Andy85_

Andy85_

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Recommend you join discussions here. This is where you will find others who are waiting for the outcomes of their H&C application:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/h-c-humanitarian-ground-with-or-without-failed-refugee-claim.550176/page-113

These days processing seems to be close to 3 years for most application. Most seem to be receiving AIP (first stage approval) at or after 2 years. Once you have AIP, you can apply for a work permit.
Thank you Scylla, this was great information and I will definitely check out the link to that forum.

Andy85_

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
If you can’t afford to live in Canada you can return home and your H&C will still be processed. Obviously it would be best to stay in Canada but there aren’t a ton of resources that will provide aid to people without status. There are homeless shelters and food banks especially but given covid many social services and charities are very stretched.
Thank you Canuck, it's such a sad & sticky road, thank you, i appreciate it.