+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H-1B visa holder working in Detroit and living in Windsor

chukka91

Oct 3, 2018
Hello,
I am a H-1B visa holder currently working in USA. When I got my PR I planned to get my I-140/PERM approved and then move to Canada on my PR. But due to the pandemic, my PERM application is still not approved due to delays. So I am planning on moving to Windsor and travel to Detroit daily for work. I am doing this as I have a good salary in USA and I need that to fulfill the commitments I have in India like family support etc. I want to know how the tax process works, whether it is financially feasible and any other implications that this might have.
Please advise.
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I am a H-1B visa holder currently working in USA. When I got my PR I planned to get my I-140/PERM approved and then move to Canada on my PR. But due to the pandemic, my PERM application is still not approved due to delays. So I am planning on moving to Windsor and travel to Detroit daily for work. I am doing this as I have a good salary in USA and I need that to fulfill the commitments I have in India like family support etc. I want to know how the tax process works, whether it is financially feasible and any other implications that this might have.
Please advise.
Thank you.
Is your employer located in Detroit?