+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Graduate School after PR through PNP

ShivaOm

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hello,

We received PR through the Ontario PNP in Mid-May.

We're already in Canada and have been here for about seven years, as we arrived through my Masters program.

I currently have a great job that I've been at for two years, but am hoping to start a PhD program at University of Toronto in September 2021.

I understand that PNP nominations are supposed to stay in the province of nomination for at least two years, and totally understand that - we're planning to stay in Ontario.

But I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are similar restrictions regarding leaving the sponsoring employer to attend University.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

We received PR through the Ontario PNP in Mid-May.

We're already in Canada and have been here for about seven years, as we arrived through my Masters program.

I currently have a great job that I've been at for two years, but am hoping to start a PhD program at University of Toronto in September 2021.

I understand that PNP nominations are supposed to stay in the province of nomination for at least two years, and totally understand that - we're planning to stay in Ontario.

But I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are similar restrictions regarding leaving the sponsoring employer to attend University.
There's no obligation for you to remain in Ontario. There's no risk in leaving now that you have PR.