+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got study and OPW permit!!! yayyyyeeee!!

max1978

Sep 17, 2012
hey guys... could you let me know the process for OPW and the list of documents. Also did you apply for visa together or separately?

Nish555

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Thanks guys...

@ max: please apply together and do not do it post u getting ur visa. Submit documents as per checklist of the work permit and not any other extra docs. you could however submit a letter saying that since u are studying and u guys have been married for xx years u would like ur spouse to join u as it would be a great source of support during ur academic tenure.

All the best!

max1978

Sep 17, 2012
Thanks a lot for your advice. Just wanted to know if you have applied from India.... and is there any need to show student loan?

Thanks once again :)

Nish555

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Yup i did and yes if u or ur spouse is studying u must apply for a student loan if its under Univ or General category.. else under SPP u need to take a GIC.

max1978

Sep 17, 2012
Thanks. I am planning to apply to univ of saskatchewan andregina for sep 2013 intake. Do I need to send my original transcripts or will phocopies be sufficient? If original is required could you please let me know how many days does the univ send back the original as I have 2 univ to apply to.

Also I presume the above universites do not come under SSP hence may have to apply under General category.

Thanks once again :)