+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got my CoPR and Flag pole

branvilvr

Jan 29, 2019
Hello, Just got my CoPR through MPNP, and I'm wondering if I need to do the flag pole in this covid situation now. please let me know if anybody know or had similar situation. Thanks!

branvilvr

Jan 29, 2019
If you are in Canada then flagpoling at the border is not currently a supported option by CBSA
yes I got it by email today and I'm currently in Canada. I found some information on the IRCC website :

If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re already living in Canada: in-person landing appointments cancelled

We cancelled all in-person permanent resident landing appointments at our offices in Canada until further notice.
If you got your CoPR, but haven’t landed
If we sent you a CoPR, but you haven’t been able to go to one of our offices in Canada to validate it, we’ll contact you to tell you what to do.
You should not travel to a port of entry to validate your CoPR. This is not considered essential travel and you won’t be able to validate it this way.
Due to COVID-19, we have a new process to confirm permanent resident status. We don’t need a CoPR for this new process if you applied from within Canada.

I don't understand the last sentence exactly but I assume that they will contact me or they will find other way to do the landing (Flagpole or IRCC office interview which is closed now). And also, according to my CoPR letter, they told me to send a copy of CoPR and 2 photos for PR card to Winnipeg IRCC landing photo office (I'm not sure they are open but the letter say they will do it but will take longer). So I guess I don't need to do the flagpole or interview.

branvilvr

Jan 29, 2019
If you are in Canada then flagpoling at the border is not currently a supported option by CBSA
I'm not sure about normal process about CoPR and PR card.
so back in the COVID era, did people get CoPR first and do the flagpole (or interview at IRCC office)? or flagpole first?
Befor COVID, did people have to do flagpole or interview at IRCC office first before they get the PR card?
as I said above they told me to send a copy of CoPR and photos for PR card.