+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got married to a Canadian citizen while PR in process.

navrisham

Jul 6, 2019
Hi all, I applied for my PR application in Sep 2019 through ON PNP nomination. Recently, I got married to a Canadian citizen.

Do I need to proof my husband ties to Ontario as I have applied for Ontario PNP based Pr application? Also, I got nomination from Ontario in June 2019 and I applied for PR application to IRCC in Sept 2019 so do I need to update my province and IRCC or only IRCC?

Thanks

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi all, I applied for my PR application in Sep 2019 through ON PNP nomination. Recently, I got married to a Canadian citizen.

Do I need to proof my husband ties to Ontario as I have applied for Ontario PNP based Pr application? Also, I got nomination from Ontario in June 2019 and I applied for PR application to IRCC in Sept 2019 so do I need to update my province and IRCC or only IRCC?

Thanks
I think you have to
Update cic regarding your marriage. If you partner is citizen include his Passport copy as well as marriage certificate and send through webform as soon as possible. You must have to inform cic regarding this. He don’t have to fill any documents because he is no dependent on your application.