+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got ITA today but unsure if I qualify to apply

DAFPPB

Dec 24, 2020
Hey!
I got an ITA today through CEC but I am not too sure if I should have. I have been working in Canada since October, 2020(2 years) but I was outside Canada for a period of 5 months(non-continous, personal reason, where almost a month was on PTO) still on pay roll, paying taxes in Canada but working from India. I didn't realize this but my score got boosted from 501 to 514 as I technically completed 2 years of work. Should I still proceed with the application even though I wasn't in Canada for 2 years?

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hey!
I got an ITA today through CEC but I am not too sure if I should have. I have been working in Canada since October, 2020(2 years) but I was outside Canada for a period of 5 months(non-continous, personal reason, where almost a month was on PTO) still on pay roll, paying taxes in Canada but working from India. I didn't realize this but my score got boosted from 501 to 514 as I technically completed 2 years of work. Should I still proceed with the application even though I wasn't in Canada for 2 years?
Your 2 years of CEC will be deemed misrepresentation as you will mention about the 5 months of outside Canada travel in your travel/personal history. Wait for 1-2 draws, and you will mostly get an invite. It's not worth taking a risk and getting misrepresentation putting your immigration plans into jeopardy.

Reactions: DAFPPB

DAFPPB

Dec 24, 2020
Your 2 years of CEC will be deemed misrepresentation as you will mention about the 5 months of outside Canada travel in your travel/personal history. Wait for 1-2 draws, and you will mostly get an invite. It's not worth taking a risk and getting misrepresentation putting your immigration plans into jeopardy.
Yeah, I feel that's the right call. How do I go about ensuring I don't get a boost again? Should I avoid mentioning the months I was out of Canada? Should I put the months in foreign experience?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah, I feel that's the right call. How do I go about ensuring I don't get a boost again? Should I avoid mentioning the months I was out of Canada? Should I put the months in foreign experience?
Decline the invite. Update your EE profile to correctly reflect the 5 months as foreign work experience.

Reactions: DAFPPB