+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got ITA- Have questions about spouse non-canadian work experience and proof of funds.

satya1986

Nov 25, 2020
Hi, I got ITA recenlty. I have couple of questions.
1. In my express entry profile, I selected my wife's non-canaidan experience as Yes. Now moving to PR application I have to submit experience letters because I selected Yes for her past experience(non-canadian) in PR application. We are not able to get her experience letter. So, can I remove her experience in work history and add it only in personal history? Or will it create issues because I mentioned it in express entry profile ? In PR application I gave NO in the work history and tried to preview the score and it didn't change the score even after giving it as NO.

2. For proof of funds - My PR application says, I'm qualified for CEC and Federal skilled worker. Should I show 20,000 CAD funds or I can keep it as 0 as I'm qualified for CEC.

Thanks for your help !!

mahuuuu

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Category........
CEC
Hi, I got ITA recenlty. I have couple of questions.
1. In my express entry profile, I selected my wife's non-canaidan experience as Yes. Now moving to PR application I have to submit experience letters because I selected Yes for her past experience(non-canadian) in PR application. We are not able to get her experience letter. So, can I remove her experience in work history and add it only in personal history? Or will it create issues because I mentioned it in express entry profile ? In PR application I gave NO in the work history and tried to preview the score and it didn't change the score even after giving it as NO.

2. For proof of funds - My PR application says, I'm qualified for CEC and Federal skilled worker. Should I show 20,000 CAD funds or I can keep it as 0 as I'm qualified for CEC.

Thanks for your help !!
1. Your best bet is to write an explanation in Additional documents. It is upon the officer who reviews your file.

Your ITA shows under which program you have been invited. If it's FSW, you got to show pof. If cec, Write a letter of explanation in that field.

satya1986

Nov 25, 2020
@mahuuuu Thx for quick response. I see I’m called under ces. So i gave 0 in proof of funds and it didn’t show me the option for proof of funds in the documents section.

Harry304

Jun 4, 2020
@mahuuuu Thx for quick response. I see I’m called under ces. So i gave 0 in proof of funds and it didn’t show me the option for proof of funds in the documents section.
Hi,

You need to mention in the Letter of Explanation that you are invited under CEC and hence no need to meet the funds requirement as per IRCC website. You can also attach your bank statements to show that you are receiving regular income.

satya1986

Nov 25, 2020
Thanks @Harry304 If i give the funds as 0, it doesn't have a place holder for proof of funds. Do I have to provide LOE in the optional documents section or instead say 20000 in the funds section and provide LOE in the place holder for proof of funds, Please let me know.

Also what's your take on spouse experience details?

Harry304

Jun 4, 2020
Thanks @Harry304 If i give the funds as 0, it doesn't have a place holder for proof of funds. Do I have to provide LOE in the optional documents section or instead say 20000 in the funds section and provide LOE in the place holder for proof of funds, Please let me know.

Also what's your take on spouse experience details?
Hi,

I just put an approximate amount that was present in my bank account at that time (definitely it was way less than 20k), attached my bank statements as proof of funds and put the following section in LOE.

• Proof of Funds: As I am invited under Canadian Experience Class, I am not expected to meet the funds requirement as per IRCC website. I have uploaded Statements of my Bank account from August 2019 to December 2019.

I'm assuming you are the primary applicant, if yes then your spouse's non Canadian experience is not counted for CRS points. I just mentioned my spouse's non Canada experience in the personal history and that's it.

satya1986

Nov 25, 2020
@Harry304 did you by any chance mention your wife’s non Canadian experience in the express entry profile’s work history section ? Because i did and I want to make sure that’s fine not mentioning in the pr process

Harry304

Jun 4, 2020
@Harry304 did you by any chance mention your wife’s non Canadian experience in the express entry profile’s work history section ? Because i did and I want to make sure that’s fine not mentioning in the pr process
No, I did not mention in EE profile as well.

It should not be any concern since there is no points to offer for non Canada work experience for Spouse. You can go ahead and say No to Spouse work history.

Concern is only when you change something and that causes CRS points to decrease and becomes lower than the cut-off then.