+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got into Canada by PRTD... have some questions

crayonmath

Jul 24, 2017
I became a permanent resident in 2012, immigrated but went back. Came again in 2017, but had to leave due to some issues. I applied for PRTD and finally arrived (on H&C grounds); have some questions. At arrival they took my PR card which was expired and told me they would send new ones. They didn't give any receipt or proof and let us in. Its been a month now and Im worried. Will they send the PR cards? Also, will there be any problem for the next couple of years if they don't? Will there be any problem living without pr cards? I have a COPR though.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I became a permanent resident in 2012, immigrated but went back. Came again in 2017, but had to leave due to some issues. I applied for PRTD and finally arrived (on H&C grounds); have some questions. At arrival they took my PR card which was expired and told me they would send new ones. They didn't give any receipt or proof and let us in. Its been a month now and Im worried. Will they send the PR cards? Also, will there be any problem for the next couple of years if they don't? Will there be any problem living without pr cards? I have a COPR though.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/got-into-canada-by-permanent-resident-travel-document-have-some-questions.641098/