+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got 9 in my IELTS-listening

targol_7

May 10, 2009
Hi,
I got my IELTS result which is 9 ,7.5 ,7 ,7 ,7.5
I think that means getting 16 scores. I sent all my documents to the related visa office (Damascus). do you know friends that how much it takes for them to send me the medical forms?
thank you

zaidkhalid

Oct 29, 2008
It seems that IELTS exam in your country has five sections: listening, reading, writing, speaking, and "maybe Grammar", lol???.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
targol_7 said:
Hi,
I think that means getting 16 scores. I sent all my documents to the related visa office (Damascus). do you know friends that how much it takes for them to send me the medical forms?
thank you

congratulations man that is really awesome yes you will get the 16 points

good luck and hope the best for you

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
yes you will get 16 points unless u have claimed for french too
congratetulations for the scores

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
targol_7 said:
Hi,
thank you

Congratulations, you will get "16" in first official language. Be calm, i guess total procedure will take almost 5-8 months if nothing apear wrong.

zaidkhalid said:
It seems that IELTS exam in your country has five sections: listening, reading, writing, speaking, and "maybe Grammar", lol???.
Be positive, if it was "Newyork" at place of "Damascus" ?

Hindu_Sikh_Bro_Bro said:
kafoury said:
I think you would get 20 out of 16. Thats great. Any way, good luck.
regards
Yes, Newton too was a genius.

Deffinately Jealous :)

max_lee

May 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2008
AOR Received.
01-11-2008
IELTS Request
02-03-2009
Med's Request
29-05-2009
Med's Done....
10-06-2009
Passport Req..
02-22-1010
VISA ISSUED...
02-25-1010
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Try to use some brains rather than mock at someones mistake, the last point obviously should be the overall Band Score!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 1, 2008
first of all congratulation for getting this spectacular result, i am not sure how u were able to get this awesome result, i speak English fluently and i read English every day, i do understand all issues in English, but i am not certain i will get higher scores in IELTS exam , I'd be so indebted to you if you could answer my question , how u were able to get this score, and as i know IELTS is 4 sections not 5 as u mentioned in your thread, from where did u get the fifth one, i am waiting for my acknowledgment letter which expected to be soon, i must do my IELTS exam, i am not worried about my English and i have no problem with it, my problem how to get the higher scores 16 points, please could you help and answer my question

gd

May 9, 2009
IELTS

Hi every one. There are only four scores in IELTS. Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Tha fifth score is the overall band score. In my case I scored 8,7,6.5 & 8 with an overall band sccore of 7.5.
There are no magic to getting these numbers. In the listening exam, read the questions fast before the cassette is played. When you listen you remember your Qs and note down the answer. Writing and Speaking should not be a problem if you correspond in English in your day to day activities or at least in your job. Writing is simply Essay Writing and Comprehensive exercise we all did in Grade 10/11.

Regards

gd

targol_7

May 10, 2009
canadainmyheart said:
first of all congratulation for getting this spectacular result, i am not sure how u were able to get this awesome result, i speak English fluently and i read English every day, i do understand all issues in English, but i am not certain i will get higher scores in IELTS exam , I'd be so indebted to you if you could answer my question , how u were able to get this score, and as i know IELTS is 4 sections not 5 as u mentioned in your thread, from where did u get the fifth one, i am waiting for my acknowledgment letter which expected to be soon, i must do my IELTS exam, i am not worried about my English and i have no problem with it, my problem how to get the higher scores 16 points, please could you help and answer my question
as gd mentioned, it is not a magic getting that scores, specially when u use English every day. I just suggest you to practice Cambridge samples which are now available in 6 different books (Ielts cambridge 1-6). There are some real and standard Ielts test which really worth practicing. I did them, just this and nothing else. I'm sure that you can get a good mark if you are accurate enough and you can concentrate specially when doing listening.