+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Goods to follow

zoom2digital

Mar 2, 2023
Hi..does anyone know how someone who has applied for PR through CEC from Canada get their stuff from back home? Do we have to file the goods to follow ? If so can someone help with the process?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi..does anyone know how someone who has applied for PR through CEC from Canada get their stuff from back home? Do we have to file the goods to follow ? If so can someone help with the process?
Have someone from home country phone a relocation company, have them packed the stuff, shipped and deliver the goods to your Canadian home. Before the goods arrive at POE, you would have to bring your "goods to follow" form as well as the packing list & bill of lading from the relocation company to the customs office for stamping. When the goods arrived at POE, you would be notified by the relocation company to bring the stamped document for customs clearance. Afterwards, the goods will be delivered to your door.

zoom2digital

Mar 2, 2023
Thanks..I don't have much..just some things I can bring myself..so do I have to submit that form when I return from my next visit to India?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks..I don't have much..just some things I can bring myself..so do I have to submit that form when I return from my next visit to India?
You might still want to submit it especially if you will bring some high value items from India. But if you only bring low value ones, then don't bother for submission the form.

Reactions: armoured