+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Goods to Follow List

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone. I have a question.

My wife submitted good to follow list at the time of her landing. On the list there were household items, furniture, books, paintings etc.

Moving companies ask around 5,000 dollars for shipping these goods. She wants to make a moving sale in her own country and she doesn't want to bring these heavy goods to Canada anymore. In this way after selling them, she will bring Cash instead of bringing these goods to Canada. The cash value will be less than what she declare for the value of her goods on the list. Will it be a problem for her at the border?

Thank you for your answers.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Galip said:
Hello Everyone. I have a question.

My wife submitted good to follow list at the time of her landing. On the list there were household items, furniture, books, paintings etc.

Moving companies ask around 5,000 dollars for shipping these goods. She wants to make a moving sale in her own country and she doesn't want to bring these heavy goods to Canada anymore. In this way after selling them, she will bring Cash instead of bringing these goods to Canada. The cash value will be less than what she declare for the value of her goods on the list. Will it be a problem for her at the border?

Thank you for your answers.
No, CBSA doesn't care if there is less on the GTF list when they are imported, just if stuff is added. Note if she is carrying more than $10K it must be reported on entry, there are no taxes or duty, but it must be reported.