+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

good day co members! ASKING ABOUT PERMANENT RESIDENCY

gkol

Sep 19, 2008
I'm currently working here in edmonto,alberta under the low-skilled project NOC 6641 FOOD COUNTER ATTENDANT/KITCHEN HELPER my contract will end on April 2009,just want to ask

1. CAN I APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN EDMONTON,ALBERTA IN CASE MY EMPLOYER WILL NOT APPLY ME FOR PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM.

2. HOW?WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?AND WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO APPLY THE PERMANENT RESIDENCY?

Thanks.Hoping that you can give time to answer my questions,GOD Bless.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you are a low skill, your only chance is going through the PNP. If your employer will not help you apply, you will have to leave Canada for 4 months before you can apply for a new low skill permit and then hope you get a better employer.

gkol

Sep 19, 2008
thanks buddy!!!!

i also want to ask is it true that only 1 person per restaurant can be applied by an employer each year?

and also what is the meaning of open visa and open work permit?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can get an open work permit if you are a spouse of a student who is in Canada on a student visa or the spouse of a skilled worker who is in Canada on a temporary work permit. An open work permit means you are free to take any job, no LMO needed.

It's true that only one person per restaurant location can be sponsored and some other conditions, see http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/foodservices.html