+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going vacation

janel

Oct 7, 2009
Just asking a question if anyone knows.

Im under the live-in-caregiver program and i will be 2years this coming feb.19 after submitting my papers to immigration for PR im planning to go home for a vacation because my work permit is until 2011. So would it be ok for me to go home?

Anybody could help me...answer my questiion

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Re: Going vacation/attention janel

janel said:
Just asking a question if anyone knows.

Im under the live-in-caregiver program and i will be 2years this coming feb.19 after submitting my papers to immigration for PR im planning to go home for a vacation because my work permit is until 2011. So would it be ok for me to go home?

Anybody could help me...answer my questiion

[quote author=janel ]
HI!

just a clarification regarding of PR. I was planning to have a vacation this december for about a month and my question is do i have any problem with my PR coz i just send it last feb.20 and until now still not on process. I have a valid work permit which expires on feb 2011 and a multiple visa and expires on may 2011, so is it ok for me to have a vacation while my PR is on process? and how many months would takes before i get my OWP.

Thanks and looking forward for the answer.
[/quote]

CIC is processing PR applications received as of Oct 3, 2009. It now takes 6-7 months for first stage approval, so you'd probably receivea response from CPC-V before December of this year, your OWP and medical instructions. Hopefully you sent the application for WP with your PR app. If you have a valid TRV and WP then I don't think you will be having any problems.

janel

Oct 7, 2009
to job_seeker:

By the way i already booked my flight this december. I check CIC today and still they are proccessing Oct. 6 and was 6-7 mos now anf for almost 3 weeks they just add 3 days for the update. My worry is if i cannot wait for the first stage approval and by the time CIC send me my OPW and medical instruction and im on y home country, how long will expire or is there be time frame for me to complete the medical instruction that that send me? I NEED SOME answers and clarification regarding this matter.

thank you for your patient and concern to answer this, GOD BLESS!!!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
janel said:
to job_seeker:

By the way i already booked my flight this december. I check CIC today and still they are proccessing Oct. 6 and was 6-7 mos now anf for almost 3 weeks they just add 3 days for the update. My worry is if i cannot wait for the first stage approval and by the time CIC send me my OPW and medical instruction and im on y home country, how long will expire or is there be time frame for me to complete the medical instruction that that send me? I NEED SOME answers and clarification regarding this matter.

thank you for your patient and concern to answer this, GOD BLESS!!!
As long as you have valid status (TRV and WP) then you'd be able to come back. Are you still employed as a live in caregiver? In the event that that your OWP has not been received, obtain a letter from your employer that s/he is allowing you to go on a vacation and would be back to work for him/her when you come back. Check that your TRV is valid too.

janel

Oct 7, 2009
Yes i am still employed as live in caregiver and my TRV will expire on feb. 2011 and WP expired on May 2011 so i don't have any problem now?

Thank you very much for genorous answer, now i can now have a peace of mind, thanks for your help!

GOD BLESS YOU MORE....

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
janel said:
Yes i am still employed as live in caregiver and my TRV will expire on feb. 2011 and WP expired on May 2011 so i don't have any problem now?

Thank you very much for genorous answer, now i can now have a peace of mind, thanks for your help!

GOD BLESS YOU MORE....
Hmm. Which will expire on Feb 2011, is it the work permit or the TRV. If it is the TRV then it would be to your benefit to renew your TRV now; otherwise, you're good to go. Just get a letter from your employer (if you're still working as a live in) from your employer that you're coming back to work for them again, to facilitate entry.

janel

Oct 7, 2009
Yes it is my TRV will expires on feb. 2011, so do i need to renew it even i go home dec? and do i need to get an OEC?

Thanks...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
janel said:
Yes it is my TRV will expires on feb. 2011, so do i need to renew it even i go home dec? and do i need to get an OEC?

Thanks...
I think you do. I was not registered with POEA but another member said that we should get the OEC when we leave the Philippines. You can send your TRV app either to Buffalo or Seattle whichever is the closer Canadian visa office to your place.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Janel,

You can look for a new employer while waiting for your OWP/PR. The new employer then applies for a LMO and once you have the LMO apply for a new WP. LMO app takes about 6 weeks and WP app for new employer is about a month. You don't have to get new OHIP/SIN for new employer. Your current employer can let you know in writing that they're not able to maintain you and so are releasing you from your contract. Search the job bank (because at least you'll know that the new employer is trying to comply with HRSDC advertising requirement). You can also search kijiji.ca. All the best. BTW hope you have a place to stay in the event you leave your employer's house.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
janel said:
thank you very much...
Your inbox is full.

Yes. Photocopies of your WP and contract/letter from your employer. Where are you closer to, Seattle of Buffalo? You can send to either.

If you are in Canada with a temporary work permit and need to apply for a TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA to travel abroad, please provide:
* A photocopy of your current permit and
* A letter from your employer or other proof of current employment.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSCANADA