+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going to Philippines with passport 2 months validity

Bebekoh26

Jul 5, 2018
Hello guys, i just want to ask if there will be any problem or issue at the airport if i travel from Canada to Philippines.My mother passed away and its an emergency. I already booked a ticket on Tuesday (July 9) and will come back July 21. Its a direct flight ticket from Vancouver to Manila by PAL..Im only going to be there less than 2 weeks for the wake and funeral. I already renew my passport last May but i still havent got it in the mail.They say it could take 8 to 12 weeks. I have my old passport and they didnt punch a hole on them as its still valid till September. But im worried because i read that it has to have atleast 6 months validity. Im stressing out over this because i dont wanna be held at the airport and delay my flight especially not at times like this. I will bring a copy of my mother's death certificate and funeral details.Im not sure if it will help..Will i also have a problem coming back? My return ticket is also a direct flight from Manila to Vancouver..has anybody experienced this .Thanks in advance guys..

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Sorry for your loss.

None. As a Philippine national, you can travel back to the Philippines on a valid passport regardless of how many months are left.
Canada also does not recognize/require 6 months validity upon your return on the same passport. Ideally though, your status in Canada is above visitor.

But you can try going back to the Philippine consulate today or to the DFA in the Philippines to get an extension validity stamp in your passport or urgent processing of your renewal.

Bebekoh26

Jul 5, 2018
Sorry for your loss.

None. As a Philippine national, you can travel back to the Philippines on a valid passport regardless of how many months are left.
Canada also does not recognize/require 6 months validity upon your return on the same passport. Ideally though, your status in Canada is above visitor.

But you can try going back to the Philippine consulate today or to the DFA in the Philippines to get an extension validity stamp in your passport or urgent processing of your renewal.

Bebekoh26

Jul 5, 2018
Sorry for your loss.

Thank you for your reply..yes i am a permanent resident in Canada..I really hope i dont get held at the airport because of this..I called the PAL airlines yesterday and they said they require the validity of passport to be atleast 6 months..i hope they will consider that this is an emergency..

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you for your reply..yes i am a permanent resident in Canada..I really hope i dont get held at the airport because of this..I called the PAL airlines yesterday and they said they require the validity of passport to be atleast 6 months..i hope they will consider that this is an emergency..
Even when you're travellilng INTO the Philippines?
See if you can also bring proof of your passport renewal + other documents for your emergency. Best scenario is you bring these to the Philippine consulate today/before your flight tomorrow on how they can help you.

Sigh, it's stupid to require 6 months validity when you're travelling to your own home country. I can't wait to not have to deal with Philippine government agencies for the rest of my life.

mad_hatter

Jul 16, 2016
Hello guys, i just want to ask if there will be any problem or issue at the airport if i travel from Canada to Philippines.My mother passed away and its an emergency. I already booked a ticket on Tuesday (July 9) and will come back July 21. Its a direct flight ticket from Vancouver to Manila by PAL..Im only going to be there less than 2 weeks for the wake and funeral. I already renew my passport last May but i still havent got it in the mail.They say it could take 8 to 12 weeks. I have my old passport and they didnt punch a hole on them as its still valid till September. But im worried because i read that it has to have atleast 6 months validity. Im stressing out over this because i dont wanna be held at the airport and delay my flight especially not at times like this. I will bring a copy of my mother's death certificate and funeral details.Im not sure if it will help..Will i also have a problem coming back? My return ticket is also a direct flight from Manila to Vancouver..has anybody experienced this .Thanks in advance guys..
Since you have a Philippines passport, you are exempted from the "six month" rule. This is from the Philippines Immigration web site:

http://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/travel-req

See bullet #10. However, I am not sure about returning to Canada.

Reactions: bellaluna