+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going to apply for CEC soon...Need urgent help.

CEChopefull

Apr 22, 2012
Hi there guys,

I am new to this forum but I need your urgent help to begin with. I have met the requirements for CEC and my employer has given me the letter containing everything.... My problem is with the checklist where it says to provide work experience for the last three years....I was a on a study permit and held 2 temporary jobs for one month each. For my first job I was working about 14 hours a week and for my second job I exceeded the 20 hour limit in the first week, however, because of some problems with the nature of the job I left it only in twenty days... I wasnt fully aware of the off campus work permit rules(I know my bad) and for my second job which lasted 20 days only I exceeded my first weeks 20 hour limit by attending a training for 28 hours that week..

My problem is pretty straight forward. The experience I have on my PGWP fully meet the requirements of CEC and my employer has prepared an excellent letter....I contacted both of these employers and there company policy do not give letter of refrence to old candidates(specially my second job because I had a conflict with the employer)..

My only option now is to submit my ROE alongside with a letter for explanation...HERE IS THE MAIN PROBLEM: for my first job my ROE shows that I was well under my 20 hours per week limit, HOWever, for my second job which lasted only 20 days shows total hours worked as 48..Do you think that this will give CIC officer a slight idea that I exceeded my 20 hours limit on my Off campus work permit??I am very concerned about this..

Technically 20 days=2.8 weeks. And 48/2.8= 17 hours per week average..Do you think this is the way CIC officer will look at it???? Remember my average hours do not exceed more than 20 hours a week according to this calculation, but I am extremely scared that this will give CIC officer an idea that I at some point exceeded my 20 hour limit during my second job while being on OCWP.

Do you think that because of this slight issue, I must abandon my dreams of applying for CEC and look for other options like PNP??...PLease let me know, i am panicing.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
First of all, any experience gained during off campus work permit or during co-op is not considered for CEC, only experience gained from your PGWP

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
I was working part time 4 days a week and an average 7 hours, so I took me a bit long to get the one year work exp. under CEC

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The checklist asks for employement letters from past and current employers for the last 3 years. This includes all jobs, skilled and unskilled. But when you complete the work experience section, you only list skilled work.

I think what the OP is concerned about is that for one of the jobs he worked more than 20 hours in a week. @CEChopeful, was it paid traning or not? Can you submit your paystubs instead?

draxz1289 said:
First of all, any experience gained during off campus work permit or during co-op is not considered for CEC, only experience gained from your PGWP

CEChopefull

Apr 22, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
The checklist asks for employement letters from past and current employers for the last 3 years. This includes all jobs, skilled and unskilled. But when you complete the work experience section, you only list skilled work.

I think what the OP is concerned about is that for one of the jobs he worked more than 20 hours in a week. @ CEChopeful, was it paid traning or not? Can you submit your paystubs instead?
Atleast you understood me senorita..Yes Thats is what i am concerned about and yes it was a paid training..But I do have a point and that is that even though I exceeded my work limit for one week my average lies around 16-17 hours a week...I only worked in that company for 20 days which is about 3 weeks and my employment hours on the ROE is 48..So the average is around 16 hours a week..Can you please tell me if IO will get a clue that i exceeded my 20 hour work limit at some point????...... I cannot get letter of reference because the company simply dont give it and hence would have to submit an ROE instead.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I do not know what the IO can or can not determine or how they do it. The checklist does not mention ROE, but it does mention paystubs and work contracts as additional documents. If you are concerned about submitting a ROE, what about paystubs and job offer letters(or work contracts) for the two jobs instead of the ROE(assuming it's 'safer' than the ROE)? Then you can include a letter explaining that you were unable to get an employment letter and why and also state your start and stops dates at both jobs.

CEChopefull

Apr 22, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
I do not know what the IO can or can not determine or how they do it. The checklist does not mention ROE, but it does mention paystubs and work contracts as additional documents. If you are concerned about submitting a ROE, what about paystubs and job offer letters(or work contracts) for the two jobs instead of the ROE(assuming it's 'safer' than the ROE)? Then you can include a letter explaining that you were unable to get an employment letter and why and also state your start and stops dates at both jobs.
I was given a verbal job offer(no official letter), i had a direct deposit so no pay stubs either...Can you please tell me if IO will have an idea if i overworked.. i worked 20 days which is around 3 weeks and my hours were 48..my average is less than 20 tho.

lilyluvx

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2011
AOR Received.
13-04-2012
Med's Request
24-04-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Passport Req..
01-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2012
if i were you, i wouldnt even mention those work exp if the VO has no way to find out about them on his own

did you file tax on those 2 jobs? even if you did, if you dont provide the NOA for those years i would highly doubt that the CIC itself will go through all the troubles to check with CRA given the efficiency of the canadian government....

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
CEChopefull said:
My only option now is to submit my ROE alongside with a letter for explanation...HERE IS THE MAIN PROBLEM: for my first job my ROE shows that I was well under my 20 hours per week limit, HOWever, for my second job which lasted only 20 days shows total hours worked as 48..Do you think that this will give CIC officer a slight idea that I exceeded my 20 hours limit on my Off campus work permit??I am very concerned about this..

Do you think that because of this slight issue, I must abandon my dreams of applying for CEC and look for other options like PNP??...PLease let me know, i am panicing.
You are right, you must provide the information (you can average the hours), but the advice to try to hide it is BAD advice. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Write your explanation, include as much info has you have. The VO will focus on your qualifying employment.

CEChopefull

Apr 22, 2012
jes_ON said:
You are right, you must provide the information (you can average the hours), but the advice to try to hide it is BAD advice. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Write your explanation, include as much info has you have. The VO will focus on your qualifying employment.
One more thing Jes_on. On my T4'as for the previous employment there is a error in my address will that be a problem, everything else is ok...I dont want to go through the correction procedure because it will take a hell lotta time....Oh by the way, thanks alot for your advice, it made me feel very relaxed when you said that it will be average hours..

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
CEChopefull said:
One more thing Jes_on. On my T4'as for the previous employment there is a error in my address will that be a problem, everything else is ok...I dont want to go through the correction procedure because it will take a hell lotta time....Oh by the way, thanks alot for your advice, it made me feel very relaxed when you said that it will be average hours..
I just don't think the VO will focus on non-qualifying employment, as long as you were authorized (had a permit). In the unlikely event the VO asks about it, you just tell the truth...

As for the address error - don't know what kind of address error you're talking about, so...??? If you mean like a small spelling error or postal code error, I woudn't worry about it. But if it's to an address that you did not live at (and don't include in your address history) you might need to explain that...

CEChopefull

Apr 22, 2012
jes_ON said:
I just don't think the VO will focus on non-qualifying employment, as long as you were authorized (had a permit). In the unlikely event the VO asks about it, you just tell the truth...

As for the address error - don't know what kind of address error you're talking about, so...??? If you mean like a small spelling error or postal code error, I woudn't worry about it. But if it's to an address that you did not live at (and don't include in your address history) you might need to explain that...
Do you think he will only focus on the average, i mean there is no way for him to know, he can only do average hours.

rick1111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2012
Doc's Request.
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
IELTS Request
Sent With Application.
Med's Request
06-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
11-06-2013
hi,
i also have a similar question regarding my unskilled jobs which i have done in my past 3 years. actually i worked so many different companies on part time basis , i dont even remember and one of them is not in business anymore. i have paystubs and roe from two of those companies but i cant get letter of refrence from them. Can you please suggest me what i should do.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rick1111 said:
i have paystubs and roe from two of those companies but i cant get letter of refrence from them. Can you please suggest me what i should do.
Do what the checklist says to do - if you can't get a letter of reference, provide a written explanation of why.