+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going home voluntary

ekkaekka

Jun 4, 2013
Hello there,
My in-laws were rejected on their Refugee hearing and now they have received a letter from Boarder Enforcement to present themselves at the airport at 5:30 p.m.
My first Question is, why 5:30 p.m. isn't office closes at 4:00 p.m.

2nd question-
They are planning to leave voluntary and not filing PRRA, what if they pay for their own air fare, would that be a good idea for them, if we decide to sponsor them later on, or they can still take the air ticket offered to them by CBS?

3rd Question-
How soon do we need to file for Authorize to Return request? What all documents are needed for that? Do we have to go through a lawyer?
Please kindly reply to my queries.
Thank You

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
1. Not sure, but I would show up when the letter states.

2. If they take the ticket offered by CBSA, they will have to repay the costs before returning to Canada in any form.

3. The ARC will be done when you file for sponsorship. They will need to write a letter explaining why they should be authorized to return. CIC will contact them requesting the fee for ARC (and repayment of the airfare if they don't buy their own tickets). The ARC adds time to processing. How long depends on the visa office they go through.

Also, there is no point in filing for any visas until you sponsor them. Don't waste any funds here.

And no, you don't need a lawyer. Plenty of users have done the sponsorship application and ARC on their own successfully. When the time comes for you to sponsor your parents, you should join the parent's sponsorship thread and also a thread for your Visa office. Many things are VO sensitive so having people knowledgable about your office will be invaluable.

ekkaekka

Jun 4, 2013
Would they be getting the sponsorship successfully once they have a history of Refugee claim in Canada.
Is there a way to find a sample of ARC, that we can look at.
Someone who works as an immigration consultant told me that ARC should be filed with 2 months of departure from Canada.
Please answer my queries.Thank You.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - they can still be sponsored successfully with a past refugee claim.

The ARC does not have to be processed within two months of leaving Canada. The ARC will be automatically processed when you apply to sponsor them. I would stay away from the consultant who told you that the ARC must be submitted within two months of leaving Canada. He has no idea what he's talking about.