+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going back to live with spouse after submitting outland applciation

omtrq

Feb 29, 2020
Hi,

I want to know if I can go and live with my spouse (in the country she is residing in) after submitting my outland sponsorship application for her? Is there any time limit CIC puts on this?

Thanks!

BobbyinON

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
windsor
Category........
VISIT
No issues. It is better, go after you received file no, Sponsor approval, file transfer to your spouse home office.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi,

I want to know if I can go and live with my spouse (in the country she is residing in) after submitting my outland sponsorship application for her? Is there any time limit CIC puts on this?

Thanks!
Are you a PR or a citizen?

If you're a citizen, go for it.

If you're a PR - no. You cannot live with her. You can visit for a short time (2-3 weeks) but you cannot be seen to be no longer living in Canada as you are required to live in Canada during the application's processing.

omtrq

Feb 29, 2020
I am on PR. So it can't be more than 2-3 weeks? Does CIC/IRCC have some official guidelines on this? Thanks for all your input!

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I am on PR. So it can't be more than 2-3 weeks? Does CIC/IRCC have some official guidelines on this? Thanks for all your input!

Who is eligible to sponsor their spouse, partner or child
You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if:

• You’re at least 18 years old
  • You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
    • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.