+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GM -> Opel -> Magna -> Means more new jobs in Canada?

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
As many of you will know by now that GM has finally agreed to sell 55% of Opel/Vauxall to Magna (Canadian autoparts maker) and its Austrian partner. Considering how big an effect automobiles and parts make to the economy by creating a chain of jobs, do you think the new immigrants in Canada will benefit from this deal if or if not the manufacturing starts in Canada?

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/sep2009/db20090910_941273.htm

Tarzan9211

Sep 11, 2009
Time Lines in terms of monts --- Application--Provisional Acceptance--Medical

Hi everyone. I am new in the forum. Now the Tarzan9211 has come. Inshallah all of us will receive good news soon.

I have a suggestion to share all of us the time lines in terms of Monts agaisnt followin titles.

Application Date: Mine is Feb04
Provisioinal Acceptance: Mine is December 08
Medical Advice Receipt: Mine Feb 09
Medical Done: Mine March09
PPR received: Awaited
Visa Granted: Awaited

I hope that this will help all of ur to assess and evaluate our footings and expected time to be required for finalization of case and getting visa.

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Re: Time Lines in terms of monts --- Application--Provisional Acceptance--Medical

Tarzan9211 said:
Hi everyone. I am new in the forum. Now the Tarzan9211 has come. Inshallah all of us will receive good news soon.

I have a suggestion to share all of us the time lines in terms of Monts agaisnt followin titles.

Application Date: Mine is Feb04
Provisioinal Acceptance: Mine is December 08
Medical Advice Receipt: Mine Feb 09
Medical Done: Mine March09
PPR received: Awaited
Visa Granted: Awaited

I hope that this will help all of ur to assess and evaluate our footings and expected time to be required for finalization of case and getting visa.
Has someone not told you how to start a new thread on this forum or you thought you can just go into any thread and start telling people about yourself? Make sure you polish your IT skills before getting on the plane to Canada dear friend cuz you'll need them once you get there.

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Be patient gus .. Hv som respect for other people. Thr is nthin wrong if somone posted his tim lines. I don kno why we people r so impatient ywards otherd

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
Give someone a chance, especially if they're new. And by the way, knowing how to post a thread has nothing to do with knowing IT. How many doctors, lawyers and etc you know who can't operate a PC. Nothing wrong with it.

I myself have been wrong more than one time in life!

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
It will help the person who posted thread and the person who posted another completetly different message to COOL OFF..

Tarzan911 -> Just click on the NEW TOPIC link on the forum mainpage, then post your message there. Also one important feedback to you -> You can use Trackitt.com to post your timeline. This is website used for tracking immigration cases, then compare/contrast timelines etc etc. This will help all immigrants.

Others -> We do need to follow forum etiquetts, but more importantly it will help people to post new threads for separate discussions, since that will draw more reponse and right response. So lets not jump on each other, but educate people. (You will also learn in the process!!)

TonsilsHocky! -> If you know the Magna / GM deal, you will notice that Magna has acquired Opel operations (Opel-VauxHall) in Europe. This will not create any direct jobs in Canada , as most of the europe car assembly lines are in europe (mainly in eastern europe!) . One thing will change though is Magna may increase its capacity in Canada to supply more spare parts for Opel operations.
Also look at the flip side of this.... Other Car manufacturues like Ford , Toyota,Honda etc who currently use Magna as parts supplier, will eventually throw Magna as supplier. Because nobody wants a rival car maker as their parts supplier (especially when they know your future lineups and design secrets).
So net-net its not a wise decision for Magna to to buy Opel, so we may not see huge job creation opporunity, on the contrary the operations in Canada may be shifted ti eastern europe.
Keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best...

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
By the way, it also really annoys me when someone hijacks another persons thread. It has nothing to do with being new neither. Nor does it have anything to do with being IT literate.

It is mixture disprespect and laziness in my opinion

ADA and everyone else who disagrees - Tonsils is merely expressing his discontent, which I am in full agreement with.

Last but not least, Welcome to the forum Tarzan.....now lets get this thread and keep it on topic please!!! :)