+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Giving CIC your address after landing

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Hello,

I landed two weekends ago and I gave the officer a temporary Ottawa address for forwarding my permanent residence card. I checked CCI web services last week and although the landing is showing up, the new address isn't. It still has my attorney's address. I tried to update the address on-line--using both the "change your address" and "address notification" functions--but the new address is still not showing up. It says it should only take 2 days if you use "address notifcation." Should I be concerned?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

links18 said:
OK, several weeks later and it still shows the old address on the web. Is this normal?
Not really, phone the call centre 1 888 242-2100 they should be able to help you.

PMM

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Hmm, can't seem to call that number from the US. Is there another number for people outside of Canada?

Thanks!

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
OK, cards arrived at the address yesterday. I was worrying about nothing I guess.........

Thanks all!

kbida_angel

Jul 25, 2007
links18 said:
Hmm, can't seem to call that number from the US. Is there another number for people outside of Canada?

Thanks!
yes for the usa you need to call 1800-3755283 and you can change your address there

Mar 15, 2008
links18,

Don't new Permanent Residents have to go in person to collect the Permanent Residence Card? How did you manage
to have it mailed to you from Canada? I assume you are currently in the US since you are asking for a number that
can be reached from the US. Can you please clarify as this will save me time; I am thinking of returning to the US
as soon as I apply for the card and having it mailed to me.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SubatomicBionicNanoMan said:
links18,

Don't new Permanent Residents have to go in person to collect the Permanent Residence Card? How did you manage
to have it mailed to you from Canada? I assume you are currently in the US since you are asking for a number that
can be reached from the US. Can you please clarify as this will save me time; I am thinking of returning to the US
as soon as I apply for the card and having it mailed to me.
No, New Immigrants PR cards are mailed, extensions or replacements must be picked up in person.

PMM