+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift deed

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Hello guys, do you have any idea about making a gift deed here in Canada. Will there be any problem if my sister gives me money? I heard someone saying gift deed should be made only through parents, is this true? My sister wants to gift me money as I don't have enough funds in my account.

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Many people did it in the past and it worked for them. Search this forum for similar posts

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
@Sabeen99 can you confirm whether it worked, My friend is in a similar situation and he is expecting a gift deed from his sister.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, it worked for me. We just prepared a letter, provided all details ( bank account information, transaction slip, cheque)
I got PPR within 2 months.

The letter was on plane paper, we both signed the letter, no affidavit was done,

Pretom Ghosh

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Yes, it worked for me. We just prepared a letter, provided all details ( bank account information, transaction slip, cheque)

The letter was on plane paper, we both signed the letter, no affidavit was done,
I heard that in case of Express Entry, the amount which you received by gift deed should stay in bank at least for 6 months and your bank statement should reflect it. Is it right?

Pretom Ghosh

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020

I heard that in case of Express Entry, the amount which you received by gift deed should stay in bank at least for 6 months and your bank statement should reflect it. Is it right?

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If it stays in the bank during past 6 months, there is no need to provide gift deed

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
No that's incorrect, you need to have a gift deed if there is sudden influx of huge amount of money in your account.