+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC problem used old transit number

student1234

Nov 23, 2014
hello everyone.
i have a query regarding Gic.
i got my account number on 14th nov, and tried depositing my funds of 10130 CAD on 17th but on 18th morning i got a phone call from my hdfc bank manager saying that my money is gone on hold as they require the transit number and bank code. now wanting to turn up things fast and not loose a day as am already late for my visa filing i tried finding the transit code online and even my manger told that they were using 52712 earlier for their past transactions and i also saw the same transit code on scotia bank website. so i asked my bank to go ahead with it. and funds were gone and got the swift copy next day on 19th. but on the same night when i called scotia bank to confirm this to my horror they said this an old transit number and it got changed to 03996. i was very tensed i explained my whole story to them to which they replied saying "its too early to say anything as it takes upto 5 days for us to receive the funds and it might get transferred into my account so just wait" now after this i have been continuously calling them regarding this and till Friday which was 4th day from my transaction they have still not received my funds in my account. now all my information during the transaction is correct expect for the transit code. will it be a problem to get my gic on time as the deadline is almost near. i am really worried from past one week please help. also worst case can i apply under spp with my swift copy,.?? pls help.